Claremont Place, Camden Road, Bath, BA1
- Elegant and well-appointed Grade II listed house
- Accommodation arranged over three floors
- Uninterrupted views of the Georgian city of Bath
- Private paved courtyard with views across the valley
- Off street parking and integral garage
- Fine period features including large sash windows and fireplaces
11 Claremont Place is an elegant and well-appointed Grade II listed semi-detached Georgian house, believed to have been designed by prominent architect John Pinch. Built in traditional Bath stone with a balanced and attractive façade, the property offers 1,864 sq ft of accommodation arranged over three floors and benefits from extensive views to the front elevation. On entering there is a welcoming entrance hall and cloakroom. The drawing room features a fireplace and large sash window. The dining room also has a feature fireplace. The kitchen/breakfast room has a practical kitchen area, whilst also having space for a breakfast table and access to both outside areas. A utility room leads off the kitchen.
To the lower floor is a study and well-appointed shower room. There is also an integral door into the garage, which is equipped to take a town car, whilst offering storage solutions. To the first floor are three bedrooms and a bathroom, all beautifully appointed. Overall he house offers ease of living within a fine period home, offering uninterrupted views of the Georgian city of Bath.
To the front of the property is a shallow driveway leading to the single integral garage with up-and-over door. There are steps accessed via an ornate iron gate that leads up to the front paved courtyard. This courtyard has extensive views across the valley over Bath's southern slopes. There is a timber door opening in a Bath stone wall, which leads to the side of the property and a private paved courtyard. This is ideal for al fresco dining with easy access off the kitchen. There is subtle lighting for entertaining long into the evening. Further to the other side of the house and accessed off the breakfast room is another courtyard with timber deck. The garden/outside space has been designed with minimal maintenance in mind, making it easy to lock up and leave.
Claremont Place is situated along Camden Road and enjoys excellent views of Prior Park directly opposite. Camden is a popular family area on Bath's north east slopes, and is well placed for good schools and the city centre, as well as offering local shops and a doctor's surgery.
Bath is a World Heritage Site famed for its Georgian architecture and Roman heritage and provides an extensive range of business, entertainment and cultural facilities along with two universities.
There are well regarded schools in both the state and independent sectors and a mainline rail link to London Paddington (journey time from approx 75 mins) and Bristol Temple Meads (journey time from approx 15 mins). Junction 18 of the M4 motorway is approx 9 miles to the north and Bristol International airport is approx 20 miles to the north west.
Square Footage: 1,726 sq ft
Claremont Place, Camden Road, Bath, BA1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Bath Spa Station1.2 miles
- Oldfield Park Station1.6 miles
- Freshford Station4.3 miles
About the agent
• Leading Property Consultants
• Expansive Property Website
• Over 100 UK Offices
• Over 30 London Offices
• Leaders in Research
• Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BTS200379. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Bath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.