Felcourt, Sussex/Surrey border
This wonderful country residence originally dates from 1891 although it is believed there has been a property on the site far back as 959 AD. The house takes its name from a magnificent ancient yew tree located on the westerly lawn. The house was substantially enlarged in 1908 in the 'Arts and Crafts' style. The ground floor retains much of the early 20th Century character with an impressive oak staircase, wall panelling and open fireplaces. There are open views from principle rooms over the formal gardens.
There are 14 bedroom suites in the main house and 2 further suites above the function room. The air conditioned function suite was added circa 2010, as the property is currently run as a private event venue. This, therefore, represents the ideal lifestyle opportunity for a buyer to occupy and operate a similar business. Alternative, other uses could be explored such as reversion to a unique private residence, subject to obtaining the necessary statutory consents.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION
- Magnificent Reception hall, elegant drawing room, lounge bar, conservatory, dining room, office, catering kitchen, utility room, refrigeration room, family room, cloakrooms, two ground floor
- Twelve first floor bedrooms - all with en-suite facilities
- Attic, boiler room, basement
- Entertainment suite with bar, function hall (14.3m x 13.6m), cloakrooms, washroom, two first floor bedrooms - both en-suite. The function area could potentially convert to an indoor leisure facility including swimming pool (subject to the necessary consents).
- Outbuildings, extensive car parking
- In total approximately 8.7 acres
The grounds are a particular feature. The house is approached over a long sweeping driveway, which also leads to extensive car parking areas. The formal gardens surrounding the house are park like, with many mature specimen trees, herbaceous beds, further tall majestic trees, all flanked by larger areas of lawn.
With outstanding views over its own land, the property is located about 1.9 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead which offers a wide range of facilities, including mainline station, Waitrose, cinema, community theatre, and a good choice of schools. Chartham Park, an exceptional golf and fitness club set in beautiful countryside, is closeby.
Lingfield village is about 2.2 miles away. Centred around a picturesque pond, the village offers local shopping facilities, the Church of St Peter and St Paul and a choice of pubs and restaurants. Just outside of the village is the mainline station, the renowned Lingfield Racecourse, and the highly regarded Lingfield College, an independent day school.
The A22 provides access to the M25 and thus London and the suburbs, the south coast, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
Felcourt, Sussex/Surrey border
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dormans Station1.0 miles
- East Grinstead Station1.8 miles
- Lingfield Station1.9 miles
About the agent
Located on the High Street, our Lingfield office is perfectly situated to cover the immediate area including Dormansland and Dormans Park, but our team also cover an extremely wide area to Tunbridge Wells and the Ashdown Forest and all the surrounding villages. The Lingfield office is also where our Private Estates Division is based.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100126008891. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Robert Leech Estate Agents, Lingfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.