Heol y March, Bonvilston, Vale Of Glamorgan, CF5 6TS
- A detached family within a generous plot of approximately 0.8 of an acre
- Four reception rooms
- Modern kitchen opening to garden room-dining area
- Cloakroom & utility
- Four double bedrooms, three of which are en-suite
- Private driveway with ample parking & double garage
- Detached, self contained annex
- EPC rating: E45
SITUATION Heol y March is in a rural location, close to Bonvilston yet within easy reach of the A48 with its links to Cardiff to the east and Cowbridge to the west. It is located close to forestry owned and managed by Natural Resources Wales. Bonvilston itself includes a public house and local shop. At the nearby Culverhouse Cross there is an out-of-town shopping centre which includes Marks and Spencer, Tesco and other national retail outlets. The Historic Market Town of Cowbridge is at the heart of the rural vale and is famous for its quality, individual shops, boutiques, restaurants, pubs and cafes; and is home to a centrally positioned Waitrose store. Further services include a health centre, leisure centre, various sporting clubs, public library and Old Hall Community Centre. The primary and secondary schools in the town are highly regarded.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A particularly, generous detached family home set within a surrounding garden plot of about 0.8 of an acre in total.
* The accommodation throughout has been kept in exceptionally good order and offers extremely flexible, adaptable family spaces.
* Entrance porch opens into a large hallway off which further accommodation is located.
* Family lounge looks to front elevation and second window to the side.
* Second reception room, currently used as a study, overlooks the rear elevation.
* A family lounge accessed from the kitchen looks to the front elevation and includes a broad, flagstone hearth with wood burning stove atop.
* A kitchen/breakfast area to the very heart of the house, a contemporary kitchen/breakfast area with a very good range of contemporary units. Appliances are to remain including: 4 oven AGA, separate electric hob and double oven, fully integrated dishwasher, fridges and freezers.
* An adjoining utility room provides additional storage and has space/plumbing for a washing machine and a dryer.
* Stunning garden room is immediately adjacent to the kitchen and accessed from the same via a broad, open archway.
* The garden room is a striking living-dining space open to the pitch of the ceiling with 'Velux' skylight windows and
tall, bifold doors opening directly onto a surrounding decked seating area positioned to enjoy a southerly- and westerly-aspect.
* The first floor landing area has doors to all bedrooms and to family bathroom.
* Principal, master bedroom with window to the front elevation and two doors opening to a 'Juliette' balcony positioned to enjoy a westerly aspect looking over the garden.
* Master bedroom has fitted wardrobes and its own en-suite bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle.
* Two further bedrooms both have en-suite shower rooms.
* Bedroom four is a fourth double bedroom.
* Family bathroom including a white 3-piece bath suite.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Cae Pant is within the hamlet of Heol Y March itself a rural hamlet close to Bonvilston yet within easy reach of Cowbridge and Cardiff.
* It is approached via its own track from a lane frontage. A little used public foot path runs along the length of the driveway.
* The front of the property is a particularly generous parking area leading to a detached garage. Detached garage (approx. max 6.5m x 4.9m) is entered via an electric up and over door. Power and water are connected.
* To the rear of the garage and adjoining it is a separately accessed timber built store/work shop.
* Within the grounds of Cae Pant is an annex (see floor plan). This has been variously used as a home office and, more recently, as a successful 'Airbnb' having its own bathroom and boiler/heating.
* The especially generous gardens and grounds are of about 0.8 acres in total
* The gardens have been laid out to include various flagstone paved seating areas and a sweeping, surrounding deck to catch the sun throughout the day.
* Extensive lawn
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. LPG-fired central heating (for both Cae Pant and the annexe). Cess pit drainage (to be confirmed).
DIRECTIONS From our office in Cowbridge Town Centre, travel in an easterly direction along the A48 towards Cardiff. Pass the turning to St Hillary (to your right) and continue past the turning to Pant Wilkin Stables (to your left). After a further mile, take the left turning signposted Welsh St Donats. Continue past the next staggered crossroads junction (signposted Heol y March) to find the gateway turning into Cae Pant to your right after about 300 metres, before you reach 'Trevithyn House'. Turn through the gateway and cross over the cattle grid to find Cae Pant at the end of this lane.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Brochures(2018) 6-Page Bro...
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Front PageEPC 2
Heol y March, Bonvilston, Vale Of Glamorgan, CF5 6TS
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Pontyclun Station4.0 miles
- Llanharan Station5.6 miles
- Llantwit Major Station5.8 miles
About the agent
Established in 1857, Watts & Morgan is one of the Oldest Firms of Chartered Surveyors, Auctioneers, Valuers and Estate Agents in South Wales.
With a vast amount of local knowledge we can offer extensive services on virtually every aspect of property related matters within the Residential, Commercial and Agricultural Property Markets.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, let or bid for your dream property our friendly, professional staff will be pleased to help.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100565026981. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan, Cowbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.