Huckers Lane, Selborne
- Detached House:
- 3 bedrooms
- Large family bathroom
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Farmhouse style fitted kitchen
- Large Oak conservatory/breakfast room
- Detached Annexe: Bedroom, Living room, Shower room
* A most attractive Grade 2 listed detached house with separate Detached Annexe and Forge, dating back to the 18th century. Set in the heart of Selborne village, within the South Downs National Park - making it an ideal weekend retreat.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Double glazed door to Oak conservatory/breakfast room with vaulted ceiling height windows, flagstone flooring, side door to garden. Open to:
* Farmhouse style fitted kitchen comprising range of units and drawers, one and a half bowl inset sink unit, wooden worktops, Rangemaster, extractor above, space for fridge, exposed ceiling beams. Door to staircase leading down to:
* Cellar with electricity, space for appliances, shelving, power points, radiator, additional storage and workshop.
* Sitting room with feature inglenook fireplace housing wood burning stove, double aspect, exposed ceiling beams.
* Dining room with cupboard, wood floor, door to kitchen.
* Cloakroom with w.c and wash basin.
* Turning staircase to first floor landing with hatch to loft, cupboard.
* 3 bedrooms, one with built-in wardrobes and access to eaves storage.
* Large family bathroom comprising panel enclosed bath, w.c., shower cubicle, twin sinks with cupboards under, vanity surround, mirrors above, heated towel rail, tiled floor, part panelled walls, cupboard housing boiler.
* RECENTLY BUILT DETACHED ANNEXE/STUDIO:
* Part glazed front door to Living room/kitchen/family room with fitted units, worktops, space for cooker, extractor hood, sink unit with cupboards and drawers below, cupboard housing boiler, tiled floor. Door to modern shower room with large shower cubicle, wash basin with cupboards below, w.c., heated towel rail. Stairs to first floor bedroom/studio with double doors and wrought iron safety railings, two dormer windows, all double glazed, wealth of Oak joinery.
* DETACHED FORGE:
* Double aspect, twin opening stable doors. A brick built forge, which we understand from the Vendor could be made a working forge for a Blacksmith or for Iron Works, with brick chimney, exposed beams and exposed brick work. This could provide an office/studio subject to necessary consents.
* To the front the property is approached via a gravelled driveway providing parking. Mature and attractive flower borders and pretty archway.
* To the rear the pretty cottage gardens are mainly laid to lawn with mature flower beds and borders. Indian sandstone patio, vegetable beds, seating area, trellis, fencing. The whole being well screened.
* Services - Mains water, electricity and drainage. Gas central heating.
* Local Authority - East Hampshire Council
* Council Tax - Band G with an annual charge for the year ending 31.03.21 of £2,989.51
* EPC rating - Exempt due to being Grade 2 listed.
* Forge Cottage stands within the National Park conservation area close to the heart of the very pretty village of Selborne with views from the rear to The Hanger. The active village of Selborne stands amidst fine Hampshire countryside with a public house, shop, church and primary school. The village is also renowned for its association with Gilbert White, the 18th century naturalist and is surrounded by scenery of outstanding natural beauty lying at the foot of a beech covered hanger. The larger centres of Liss and Alton collectively provide a range of facilities as well as mainline railway stations to London Waterloo. In addition, the A3 can be accessed at Liss providing a route to London and the south coast.
* From the direction of Farnham, upon entering Selborne village the entrance to Huckers Lane can be found on the left opposite the old Selborne Arms public house off the High Street. The property can be found immediately tucked in on the right.
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.
Huckers Lane, Selborne
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Alton Station3.9 miles
- Liss Station4.3 miles
About the agent
Why Sell With Us?
Our expert team at Andrew Lodge Estate Agents are busy marketing an exciting portfolio of properties. According to official Rightmove data we achieved more sales agreed in the £500,000 to £2m price bracket than any other local agent between 1st January 2021 and 1st December 2021, across the GU9 and GU10 postcode patches.
We continue to deal with a high volume of enquires from buyers who are looking
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Disclaimer - Property reference 30427373. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Andrew Lodge, Farnham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.