Jesmond Dene Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wonderful, Detached Single Storey Period Residence
- Exclusive Location within Jesmond Dene Conservation Area
- Manicured Gardens & Private South West Facing Rear Courtyard
- Secure Electronic Entrance Gates with Private Driveway
- Lounge, Dining Room & Extended Kitchen/Diner & Family Room
- Magnificent Central Entrance Hall with Atrium
- Four Bedrooms & Three Reception Rooms
- Large Plot with Open Aspect Views of Jesmond Dene
This is a Rare! opportunity to purchase one of Jesmond’s most highly regarded and individual detached residences. This wonderful home offers two generous reception rooms, manicured surrounding gardens, a private south west facing courtyard and boasts almost 3,000 sq ft of internal accommodation.
Ashbourne, which is nestled on the very edge of Jesmond Dene, is thought to have been originally constructed for the Lord Mayor of Newcastle in 1934 and enjoys a fantastic plot in an extremely secluded position within Jesmond and is ideally situated at the tip of Glastonbury Grove and Jesmond Dene Road.
This individual home, which was purchased by the current owners in 2005, has since undergone a series of modernisations and updates and now offers one of the largest, single storey living properties within central Jesmond and Gosforth.
The property is accessed via large wrought iron, electronic entrance gates which lead from both Jesmond Dene Road and Glastonbury Grove and which both, in turn, give way to a long, gravelled driveway offering secure off street parking for multiple vehicles.
Internally, the property is accessed via a central lobby with cloakroom and guest WC | The magnificent central reception hall enjoys a wonderful, glazed atrium and bespoke decorative ceiling with tiled flooring | The lounge is placed to the south east of the property and offers a fireplace and also a fully refurbished art deco walk-in bay with French doors that lead onto a private terrace with views over the dene | The dining room/reception room two is accessed, again, from the central hall and is generous in size with wonderful art deco walk-in bay window, decorative ceiling, fireplace and views
The kitchen/breakfast and family room has been both re-modelled and extended and now offers a well presented kitchen with Newcastle Furniture Co units, granite worktops with integrated appliances and tiled flooring. The family/dining area offers dual French doors that lead out onto another private terrace/seating area and rear courtyard | Utility room with fitted units and door to the rear courtyard
The central hallway then leads through to the rear of the property and gives access to four bedrooms; bedroom one is located to the south side and offers a generous suite with access to an en-suite bathroom whilst bedrooms two and three are located to the very rear via a second reception hall. The fourth bedroom has been re-modelled to provide stair access to a first-floor study space. This room now offers a dressing area with en-suite shower room. A garden room/third reception room is accessed from the second hallway, to the rear of the property, and offers doors to the rear courtyard.
Externally, the property offers wonderful, manicured gardens with mature borders, an abundance of established trees, well stocked and walled borders with high hedges which provide privacy from the road. To the rear, is a charming and private south west facing courtyard with a raised terrace/seating area, raised planters and paved dining terrace which is perfect for entertaining or dining al-fresco.
Well presented throughout, this incredible and bespoke Art Deco style home simply demands an early inspection to fully appreciate the quality of accommodation on offer in such a spectacular location!
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Jesmond Dene Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- West Jesmond Metro Station0.7 miles
- Jesmond Metro Station0.8 miles
- Iford Road Tram Stop0.9 miles
About the agent
Experience the exceptional.
In 1999, we were delighted to open the first office of Sanderson Young, in Gosforth. We now have four branches offering a diverse range of services throughout the North East of England. We are very proud of the reputation that we have formed as Sanderson Young, where the company is recognized for its maturity and wealth of knowledge, with many of our colleagues having worked in estate agency for 30
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10735644. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by rare! From Sanderson Young, Gosforth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.