The Grange, Skeffington
- Reception Hall, Drawing Room
- Garden Room, Sitting Room
- Dining Room, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility Room
- Study, Games Room
- Indoor Leisure Suite: Heated Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna
- Principal Bedroom, Dressing Room, Ensuite
- Five Further Bedrooms, Three Bathrooms
- Triple Entrance Garage with Lift System, Outbuildings
- Gated Entrance, Formal Gardens, Stabling, Flood Lit Manège
- Monitored Security System
The Grange is set on the southern edge if the rural village of Skeffington, some 12 miles to the north of Market Harborough, which offers a good array of shopping and leisure facilities, together with a growing commercial centre.
The main A47 trunk road, which connects Leicester with Peterborough, is set to the North. By rail, London St Pancras can be reached from Market Harborough in just under an hour. There is good access to the East Midlands extensive road network, including at A1, M1, A14, M69 and M6.
Sporting and recreational facilities are represented, including fishing on Eyebrook Reservoir and fishing and sailing on Rutland Water. There are several golf courses in the surrounding area.
Educational establishments are superb with preparatory at Uppingham, Leicester, Oakham and Maidwell Hall, whilst secondary is available at Uppingham, Oakham, Leicester, Rugby, Oundle and Stamford.
Standing on the southerly edge of the village and built to an exacting specification, The Grange enjoys fine southerly views over the surrounding landscape.
Internally, well sized rooms emanate from a substantial reception hall, which in itself is a feature, with flag stone flooring and an impressive galleried landing over. A well positioned kitchen/dining/sitting area is well fitted with hand built units, four oven aga, central island with polished granite work surface and integrated appliances. From the sitting area, double doors give access to the west terrace. A further door leads to the rear hall and the leisure complex which comprises swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna with stairs to shower and changing rooms.
The more formal area of the house lies to the south of the reception hall with drawing room and garden room both with doors to the west and south terraces.
The cinema room leads through to a games room with cathedral-like vaulted ceiling, exposed brick Inglenook fireplace with bressumer beam over and log burner inset. Doors lead through to a secondary kitchenette and cloakroom, which could offer the potential to create an independent annexe or work from home space, with a secondary driveway approaching and its own entrance, already in place.
To the first floor, a principal suite includes a large fully fitted dressing room, with a range of solid Mahogany wardrobes and concealed dressing area. There is also a substantial en-suite bathroom with freestanding roll top bath and vanity unit.
Two further bedrooms are en-suite, with a bedroom between which could create an ideal dressing room, and there are a further two well sized bedrooms and refitted family bathroom, with freestanding bath and separate shower.
The gardens have been thoughtfully landscaped with a great deal of attention to detail. Mostly laid to lawn on the southerly and easterly elevations with deep well stocked borders and a substantial terrace on the south and west elevations. To the side of the house is an enclosed courtyard garden, with paved areas, central water feature and stocked with perennials. The lawns and borders have an underground sprinkler system for ease of watering.
There are a number of outbuildings accessed from the side terrace including the oil store, log store and garden tool sheds.
To the east of the house and connected to it is a substantial triple entrance garage with electric lift system enabling six cars to be stored ‘one on top of the other’.
Continuing further south and with an independent gated access from the adopted road lies a substantial range of equestrian facilities including stabling with CCTV monitoring, floodlit manège and horse walker, adjacent to paddocks with automated watering troughs, extending to just over 7 acres.
The property may only be inspected by prior appointment through King West’s offices, telephone .
Leicester 11 miles (London St Pancras International)
Market Harborough 12 miles (London St Pancras International)
Oakham 9 miles (Distances are approximate)
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract or part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
5. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. September 2019
The Grange, Skeffington
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Oakham Station8.3 miles
About the agent
Moving is a busy and exciting time and we here at King West endeavour to make sure the experience goes as smoothly as possible by giving you all the help you need under one roof.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference MAH190099. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by King West, Market Harborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.