- Stunning Grade II Listed property
- Stunning Clive Christian kitchen
- 10 acres of grounds with river frontage
- Planning achieved for internal bedroom and stair improvements/modifications
- Seventeen-bedroom property
- Large Lounge
- Separate Coach House
- Stunning rural location
- Tenure: Freehold
Dating back to 1852 is this magnificent country estate, which centres around a handsome Grade II listed Jacobean-style manor. Surrounded by spectacular gardens and grounds, extending to around ten acres, this exceptional property located in a prominent position occupies a truly enviable rural location with river frontage on the edge of the Peak District and just a couple of miles from the popular historic market town of Ashbourne.
The house became the Royal Pharmaceutical Society’s convalescent home in April 1946. In 1938, as the threat of war increased, the Society had the foresight to consider moving some of its activities out of London. As a result, it bought the lease of the house in May 1939, four months before the outbreak of war. After nearly 60 years as the Society’s convalescent home, the house was sold by the trustees of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society’s Benevolent Fund to the current owners.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Uttoxeter Station9.2 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30504221. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Derby. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.