The Mill, Wadenhoe
- Reception Hallway
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Dining Room, Drawing Room
- Study, Family Room, Garden Room
- Utility Room, Two Garages
- Principal Suite with En Suite Bathroom
- Two Further Bedrooms, Family Bathroom
- Fourth Bedroom with En Suite Bathroom
- Pool Complex with Sauna
- Landscaped Gardens
- Two Cottages, each with Four Bedrooms
Kettering 15 miles (HST to London St Pancras International)
Peterborough (HST to London King’s Cross)
A14 (A1/M6 link) 6 miles
(All distances approximate)
The small village of Wadenhoe is principally comprised of limestone houses forming part of a settlement set above the River Nene amongst gently rolling countryside. A number of the buildings within the village are listed as being of special architectural and historic interest. There are footpaths and bridleways leading from the village to the neighbouring countryside.
The renowned town of Oundle lies some 4 miles to the north, providing a range of traditional shops and businesses which are principally set around the Georgian market place. There is excellent schooling in the area, most prominently at Oundle but with Stamford, Oakham, Uppingham and Kimbolton all within easy reach.
Communications are excellent, with train services available to London St Pancras from Kettering and Wellingborough and to London King’s Cross from Peterborough. Road communications are available both east and west, via the A14 linking the A1 and M1/M6.
Sporting facilities in the area are numerous, with sailing available at Grafham Water to the south or Rutland Water to the north. Golf and tennis are available at Oundle, with horse racing at Huntingdon and fishing at either Grafham, Rutland or Pitsford.
International air travel can be found at Stanstead via the M11 and A14, Luton to the south via the A1, whilst Birmingham is to the west.
Dating to the 18th Century, The Mill is constructed of coursed limestone with a Collyweston slate roof and offers attractive and inviting accommodation over three floors and beautiful views along the river. The ground floor accommodation includes a vast games/family room
where the original sluice and water gear are displayed behind glass panels, with a delightful garden room beyond with French doors leading to a decked area offering views over the water’s edge and stunning gardens. A spiral staircase leads to the dining room, with ample space for entertaining and a separate sitting area and with staircase leading to the second floor; one side leads through to a cosy yet spacious study with stone fireplace, and to the other side is the drawing room with windows to three sides and limed beams, giving a light and airy feel to the room. The breakfast kitchen can be found beyond the drawing room, with a range of cupboards, fitted appliances and an Aga and boasting a balcony allowing pretty views overlooking the river and grounds.
A staircase from the dining room leads to the second floor landing, off which lie three generously sized bedrooms and a family bathroom, as well as the principal bedroom suite with fitted wardrobes and a large en suite bathroom. Beyond the principal bedroom suite is a further bedroom with an en suite bathroom, which can also be accessed from the kitchen below.
Outside and reached over a delightful bridge is an indoor heated swimming pool, set within its own building together with a sauna and kitchen, and surrounded by a separate garden area.
The Mill also benefits from two additional cottages, The Stables which comprises sitting room, kitchen, study and three bedrooms with a further room on the first floor. The Miller’s House, currently divided in two, comprises two kitchens and three reception rooms on the ground floor with four bedrooms and two bathrooms on the first floor.
The property may only be inspected by prior arrangement through joint selling agents King West and Knight Frank.
IMPORTANT NOTICE King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract nor part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs were taken in 2020/21 and illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
5. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard.
The Mill, Wadenhoe
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Corby Station8.2 miles
About the agent
Moving is a busy and exciting time and we here at King West endeavour to make sure the experience goes as smoothly as possible by giving you all the help you need under one roof.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference STA150117. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by King West, Market Harborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.