Borde Hill Lane, Haywards Heath
- PLEASE WATCH THE NARRATED WALK-THROUGH VIDEO
- Semi-detached character cottage on 0.3 acre plot - Fascinating garden with sand stone rock face backdrop
- Semi rural location on the northern outskirts of town opposite Borde Hill gardens & parkland
- Owned by the same family since 1986 - Extended in 1987 with great potential for further enlargement and/or loft conversion STPP
- Living room and separate dining rooms with fireplaces - Kitchen/breakfast room and conservatory
- Cloakroom, utility room and downstairs shower room
- 3 double bedrooms and family bathroom
- Garage and garden room - Double size cart lodge - Unique and beautiful gardens
- Viewing highly recommended
- EPC: D Council Tax Band: E
PLEASE WATCH THE NARRATED WALK-THROUGH VIDEO
A Victorian character cottage occupying an impressive and unique 0.3 acre plot to include a sandstone rockface in the Borde Hill area on the town's rural northern outskirts. This former Borde Hill Estate worker's cottage was bought by the original owners in 1986 and a year later they embarked on a substantial two storey side extension and since then have built a garage which is partly converted into a home office and a separate double sized timber framed cart lodge. Other than being a lovely old character home the property has a garden which in the agent's 33 years of experience has never seen anything like it as the entire eastern boundary is made up of a sandstone rockface which was cut away in centuries gone by to provide stone for the building of some of the impressive local houses including the main Manor House at Borde Hill. The gardens have been beautifully laid out and really are a gardeners dream. There is a ladder type staircase at the far end which gives access up onto the top of the rockface where the property owns an additional 1 metre of land from which there are wonderful views over the farmland behind and down into the gardens and over the cottage. The accommodation is of good proportions with numerous character features and fireplaces and although the property has been extended there is still great potential to extend the house further or convert the loft, STPP.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Borde Hill Lane, Haywards Heath
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Haywards Heath Station1.1 miles
- Balcombe Station2.6 miles
- Wivelsfield Station3.9 miles
About the agent
17 offices across Sussex and into Surrey
With an impressive 17 eye catching offices across Sussex and into Surrey, no other independent agent in the area has the reach that we do.
And because we have been selling property in the area since 1947, it is very likely that we will have sold a property very similar to yours, very close by. Possibly even your property!
This gives us huge experience to draw on, not to mention a vast pool of potential
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 8800439. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mansell McTaggart, Haywards Heath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.