This distinctive detached residence was constructed in the 1960s and has been thoughtfully updated by the current owners in a contemporary style. There is the benefit of gas fired central heating and underfloor heating to the hallway, kitchen/dining room and utility room. Replacement double glazed windows have been installed. There is a bright open plan living area, arranged as sitting room and kitchen-dining room which have bi-fold doors opening to a terrace, enjoying a south-westerly aspect.
- Timber Entrance Door to Entrance Hall, glazed door with glazed panels
to living area
- Cloakroom with WC and hand basin
- Impressive Kitchen/Dining Room, excellent range of German 'Rotpunkt' base and matching wall cupboards, Quartz work surfaces, integrated induction 5 ring hob, fan oven, convection oven and grill, dishwasher and fridge-freezer. Ceramic tiled floor, 2 sets of bi-fold doors opening to garden
- Triple Aspect Sitting Room with woodburning stove, woodblock flooring, fitted bookshelves, 2 sets of
- Utility Room with sink and storage cupboards, door to garage
- Landing with open tread staircase
- Double Aspect Master Bedroom, inbuilt wardrobe
- En-Suite Shower Room, white suite of double shower, low level WC, hand basin
- 3 further Bedrooms, 2 are double aspect, all have built-in wardrobes
- Family Bathroom, part tiled with white suite of panelled bath, low level WC, hand basin, chromium plated heated towel rail
- Timber gates provide access to driveway and parking for several vehicles
- Attached garage/workshop with power and lighting. Double doors at each end
- Paved dining terrace
- Established formal gardens enjoying a good measure of seclusion. Mainly lawn with specimen trees and pond
- Timber outbuilding with potential use as home office/hobby room (subject to any statutory consents which may be required)
- About one third of an acre in all
The house occupies a secluded position in this private park. The origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The old market town of East Grinstead is about 2.5 miles away. Dormansland village is just over 1 mile with village store and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles offering local shopping facilities, the renowned Racecourse, and the highly regarded Lingfield College, an independent day school. For commuters, Dormans Station is just a 0.6 mile walk along a footpath. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dormans Station0.5 miles
- East Grinstead Station1.6 miles
- Lingfield Station1.9 miles
About the agent
Located on the High Street, our Lingfield office is perfectly situated to cover the immediate area including Dormansland and Dormans Park, but our team also cover an extremely wide area to Tunbridge Wells and the Ashdown Forest and all the surrounding villages. The Lingfield office is also where our Private Estates Division is based.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100126009802. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Robert Leech Estate Agents, Lingfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.