Shielingmoss Farm, Canonbie, DG14 0RP
- Large traditional farmhouse with beautiful period features.
- Range of well-maintained traditional and semi modern buildings with scope for future development.
- Fantastic views over the Liddel Water.
- Single bank salmon fishing of the Liddel Water.
- Productive agricultural land extending to 97.11 acres (39.30 hectares).
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold property with C & D Rural
Closing date set for Wednesday 26th May 2021 at 12noon
We are delighted to present this unique opportunity to purchase a well-equipped attractive amenity farm within rural Dumfriesshire, with land extending to 97.11 acres (39.30 hectares) with the added benefit of fishing rights along Liddle Water.
Lot 1 Guide Price £695,000: Traditional stone and slate farmhouse, range of modern and traditional farm buildings, agricultural land extending to approximately 60.66 acres (24.55 hectares) and fishing rights along Liddle Water.
Lot 2 Guide Price £160,000: Agricultural land extending to approximately 36.45 acres (14.75 hectares).
For Sale as a Whole or in Two Separate Lots by Private Treaty
The property provides great scope and opportunities for farming or diversification in a superb location and therefore viewings are highly recommended to fully appreciate both the secluded accessible location and the accommodation on offer.
Shielingmoss Farm is situated between the settlements of Harelaw and Penton (the Scottish Boarder/ English Boarder) , benefiting from a prominent south facing position and accessed off the B6318 via its own private driveway. The farm is situated approximately 2.6 miles northeast of the village of Canonbie, 7.8 miles from Longtown and 17 miles from the city of Carlisle. The immediate surroundings comprise of traditional livestock farms interspersed with undulating grassland. The farm benefits from the luxury of being rural whilst still having road links to surrounding agricultural amenities such as livestock markets and agricultural suppliers and good transport links, with the A7 located 3 miles away providing direct routes to the market town of Longtown and the City of Carlisle where the West Coast Mainline runs.
Shielingmoss Farm, Canonbie, DG14 0RP
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Gretna Green Station9.3 miles
About the agent
C & D Rural, the land and estate agency department of C & D Auction Marts Limited, was set up in 1988 to provide a land and estate agency service for customers of the Longtown Auction Mart and the rural community.
The department was initially based in an office within the auction mart but in 1992 moved to new premises in Longtown High Street and has now relocated to a new purpose built office neighbouring the auction mart premises at Townfoot, Longtown. Over recent years the business h
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference STOREY. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by C & D Rural, Carlisle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.