Nuneham Courtenay, Oxfordshire
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- Grade II Listed property built in 1760
- Wealth of retained period features
- Excellent location on the fringes of Oxford
- Regular public transport links
- Set within circa. 0.70 of an acre of gardens
The accommodation is well presented with a wealth of retained period features including a couple of fine inglenook fireplaces, exposed beams and timber doors. The detached barn has been converted to provide two further en-suite bedrooms and a good size utility/laundry and subject to necessary consents its use could be altered further.
The Old Bakery is approached through double wooden gates onto a graveled drive which leads to the detached double garage. This is well designed with plenty of ground floor space and a useful first floor, there are two sets of double wooden doors, light, power and water. The gardens are a lovely feature, mainly lawned with well stocked flower and shrubs borders and a beautifully landscaped courtyard.
Please note that a piece of the garden is rented from the University of Oxford (annual rent of £25).
* Grade II Listed property built in 1760 by the 1st Earl of Harcourt
* Detached Cottage, originally the bakery to the village
* Wealth of retained period features throughout
* Excellent location on the fringes of Oxford City
* Regular public transport links moments from property
* Set within circa. 0.70 of an acre of landscaped gardens
The well-regarded and picturesque village of Nuneham Courtenay is one of the best known and most important planned estate villages in the country. In the 1760's the old village and church were demolished to make way for a classical landscape. The new village included a forge, inn, curate's house and semi-detached cottages of uniform design in chequer brick, neatly arranged on either side of the Oxford Road. In 1948 the 2nd Viscount Harcourt sold the estate to the University of Oxford and all its properties remained in single ownership until 1990.
Nuneham Courtnenay lies some 5 miles to the south of the University City of Oxford, which offers an excellent range of shopping, recreational and cultural amenities. There is a deli and shop in the village and a primary school in the neighbouring village of Marsh Baldon.
Communications are good with easy access to the M40 and M4 motorways. There are regular buses to Oxford, Reading, Henley and Wallingford, with Didcot mainline station is approximately 8 miles away, with a regular service to London, Paddington in about 40 minutes.
The property is well placed for many schools including Cothill, Chandlings, Abingdon School, St. Helens & St. Katherines, The Manor, Abingdon Prep, the European School, Radley and the Oxford schools including The Dragon and Oxford High School.
We would inform prospective purchasers that these sales particulars have been prepared as a general guide only. A detailed survey has not been carried out nor the services, appliances and fittings tested. Room sizes should not be relied upon for furnishings purposes and are approximate. Floor plans are for guidance and illustration purposes only and may not be to scale. If there any important matters likely to affect your decision to buy, please contact us before viewing the property.
Nuneham Courtenay, Oxfordshire
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Radley Station1.7 miles
- Culham Station2.8 miles
- Appleford Station3.8 miles
About the agent
We'd like to introduce ourselves as your new local estate agents after opening in October 2016, dedicated to providing a unique quality of service to selling and letting. We know and love the area, because we have lived and worked here for years, so will be familiar faces to many.
Most importantly, with 27 years experience between us, we understand that good communication with you - throughout the selling and letting process - is critical to making it a positive and successful move. We
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10892256. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Turner Properties, Oxford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.