Peckham Rye, London, SE15
- Two bedroom apartment facing onto Peckham Rye Park
- Views onto the park
- Design led and Gold winner of the 2020 Wood Awards
- Solid timber construction
- Lift to all floors
- Spacious and light throughout
- Private terrace onto the park
- 10 year structural warranty
The award winning Rye Apartments are a piece of highly sophisticated design, by RIBA award winning practice, Tikari Works, who acted as architect, developer and contractor. Sustainable, consummately engineered, and designed with the user's experience and quality of life at the forefront these apartments, the Rye Apartments represent a fabulous place to live in London.
This exceptional 2-bedroom apartment located on the first floor of a building comprising of only six apartments, each coming with their own private outside space.
Situated opposite Peckham Rye Park, and on a prominent corner site, the building is concealed behind a facade of 10,000 handmade clay shingles. Once inside the property comes alive. The superstructure and internal walls and staircases aremade from cross-laminate timber (CLT) to minimize carbon emissions. Crucially, the CLT has been left exposed throughout and supplemented with precise timber joinery. The floors are white-washed ash.
Situated opposite one of London's most popular parks, The Rye Apartments represent state-of-the-art urban living. Built to the highest standards of design and energy efficiency the apartments seek to create a new benchmark for quality and atmosphere.
Environmentally friendly materials and low impact construction methods have been employed to create homes that reduce carbon in their making and lifecycle as well as creating welcoming natural spaces in which to live.
Specialist suppliers have collaborated with the developers own in-house team of craftsmen and architects to create a unique and authentic building which borrows from the past to create a building which is not only exciting today but will remain relevant in the years ahead.
Peckham Rye Park sits in the centre of several thriving urban neighbourhoods and provides an oasis of green and outdoor amenity. The Rye Apartments are fortunate to benefit from this well-loved park and wealth of outdoor space at its doorstep.
SOUTH LONDON'S NEW CULTURAL HEART
Situated on the cusp of East Dulwich, Nunhead and Peckham, The Rye Apartments take advantage of the best these distinct local neighbourhoods have to offer. Each of these communities is rich with amenities, much loved local cafes, pubs, and a thriving restaurant and art scene - all within a few minutes' walk.
A brief 10-minute walk brings you to the Peckham Rye Station where mainline trains depart towards Victoria Station (15 min), London Bridge Station (13 min), and Overground trains towards Shoreditch (20 min) and Clapham Common (17 min).
NATURAL MATERIALS The Rye Apartments are finished with a rich pallet of natural materials which complement the warmth of an exposed timber structure.
- Exposed Spruce timber structure throughout. - Whitewashed timber floors with natural matte lacquer in the living and sleeping spaces. - Terracotta tiles in the hallways and bathrooms. - Terrazzo tiles in the living spaces (*Penthouses only). - Bespoke timber kitchens with resin worktops and integrated appliances. - Custom timber ceilings in the hallways and bathrooms. - Laufen & Duravit sanitaryware with brushed stainless-steel taps and showers. - Handmade, Danish shingle cladding designed to last a generation.
HIGH PERFORMANCE BUILDING SYSTEMS
The development combines soulful design with high performance components to ensure the building provides the maximum environmental comfort, whilst using the least possible energy.
- High performance Danish windows by Ideal Combi provide superior thermal and acoustic performance. - Bespoke structural glazing provided by Cantifix, a market leader in the field for the last 25 years. - Whole house ventilation with a heat recovery system to recycle lost heat and improve energy performance. - Super insulated and airtight construction. - Programmable zoned underfloor heating to all rooms. - BT High Speed Fibre Broadband enabled outlets. - Video intercom with key fob communal door entry. - Passenger lift provided by Stannah (Park block only). - Secure and weatherproof bicycle parking. - 10-year structural warranty provided by Build-Zone.
SOLID TIMBER CONSTRUCTION
The primary structure of the building is made from solid timber panels sourced from a renewable source in the Austrian Alps. Solid timber construction is one of the most sustainable forms of building and is being increasingly used in the UK on large residential projects. Solid timber buildings not only sequester carbon, enabling the buildings to have a greatly reduced carbon footprint, but they are good for the planet and create natural and healthy living spaces.
Please note that you cannot apply for residents parking permit as part of Southwark Council's Planning Policy for new builds in the area however there are certain roads in the area which don't require a residents parking permit. Please do your own research on these roads to judge whether they are close enough in proximity to the building to satisfy your needs.
Caddingtons and their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these adverts. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, computer generated images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive.
Peckham Rye, London, SE15
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Peckham Rye Station0.5 miles
- East Dulwich Station0.6 miles
- Nunhead Station0.7 miles
About the agent
We have been successfully dealing with some of London’s finest new homes since 2004, working on over 100 new home developments and having an intimate knowledge of London's well known buildings bringing it to its rightful audience in a personal manner that is now lost in the very corporate style of modern agency.
We’ve combined estate agency with technology and our in-house marketing team to offer our customers advice and solutions when it comes to pricing, functionality, design and spec
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference PR1. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Caddingtons, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.