Gurnard, Isle Of Wight
- EXCEPTIONAL BEACHFRONT LOCATION
- SET IN AROUND HALF AN ACRE PLOT
- WONDERFUL SOLENT VIEWS
- LIGHT AND SPACIOUS ACCOMMODATION
- MOORING SUITABLE FOR A RIB
- PLANNING PERMISSION TO EXTEND THE PROPERTY
- GARAGE AND AMPLE PARKING
- BEACH FRONT TERRACE
The property enjoys an exceptional beachfront location, with the house slightly elevated to make the most of the sea views across The Solent and towards the Hampshire Coast. Gurnard is a popular local village with a thriving sailing club, waterfront cafe and two pubs. Nearby Cowes, internationally renowned for its sailing, provides a wider range of shops and restaurants as well as frequent, high speed ferry services to Southampton with onward train connections to London.
This two storey property, built in the early 1960s has particularly light and spacious accommodation with large windows and has planning consent to extend the ground floor with a large first floor terrace as well as convert the attic into a bedroom suite. UPVC double glazed windows and external cladding were installed in 2010. Sea views can be enjoyed from each floor of the house and there are wonderful sunsets over The Solent for most of the year. Set within a mature garden with an overall depth of approximately 90m, and extending to around half an acre, a driveway provides ample parking and garage as well as a beach front terrace and summerhouse. There is great potential to make the most of this exceptional setting. The property has use of a mooring suitable for a RIB. In recent years the property has been run a successful holiday let.
Partially vaulted with staircase rising to the first floor. Coats cupboard.
A light room with wide windows to two aspects, wooden floorboards. Wide opening to:
A good-sized triple aspect room with views across the garden to The Solent and Hampshire Coast. Wooden flooring. Fireplace and bookshelving.
Fitted with a good range of base and wall cupboards with worksurfaces with a range of integral appliances including a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine along with a Range cooker with gas hob and oven. Gas fired boiler (fitted in 2020). Views to the Solent and door to the side elevation.
Walk-in shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Airing cupboard housing direct hot water cylinder (new Mega Flow water cylinder installed in 2020).
A superbly light triple aspect room with panoramic views over the Western Solent, extending from Southampton Water towards Hurst Castle, originally designed as a reception room with a fireplace, wooden flooring and built-in cupboard.
Tiled throughout with a bath with separate shower above, wash basin with cupboards beneath and WC.
With wash basin.
A double bedroom with views of the Western Solent. Built-in cupboard and basin.
A dual aspect bedroom with sea views. Built-in cupboard and wash basin.
A southerly outlook over the garden with distant country views. Built-in cupboards and wash basin.
Currently accessed via a loft ladder from the landing, the attic has undergone the initial stages of conversion with a series of Velux windows installed along with Celotex insulation to the apex and a large window to the rear elevation providing superb views over The Solent.
A gated driveway leads to a block paved parking area and block built single garage (20'3" x 9'3"). There is an open-fronted veranda providing an attractive south facing seating area and leading to the front door. The property sits in mature gardens which form an attractive and private setting which includes an orchard. Wide block paved paths lead to either side of the house to the rear garden. This wonderful lawned garden extends to the waterfront where there is a paved terrace providing an exceptional seating and dining area as well as gated access with steps down to the beach and from which truly panoramic sea views. There is also a modern timber summer house from which the views can be enjoyed. In all the property extends to around half an acre.
Planning Permission There is planning consent to extend the ground floor with a large terrace at first floor level overlooking the sea, as well as conversion of the loft into a bedroom suite. Planning reference P/00951/11, (which remains valid as part of the consented works have already been carried out).
A covenant with 15 years left to run would entail an uplift being paid should planning permission be gained for an additional property within the garden.
Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas. Gas fired central heating.
All viewings will be strictly by prior arrangement with the sole selling agents. Spence Willard.
1. Particulars: These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements by Spence Willard in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing ("information") as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Spence Willard nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property, and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller(s) or lessor(s). 2. Photos etc: The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximate only. 3. Regulations etc: Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct. 4. VAT: The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
Gurnard, Isle Of Wight
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ryde Pier Head Station7.5 miles
About the agent
A well established team with a proven track record of selling quality property across the Island. This Independent Estate Agency has a prominent and dynamic sales team providing clients with an effective, professional service in sales and lettings of property across the Island.
The team have successfully sold a diverse range of properties including waterfront houses and apartments, farms & equestrian property, cottages and Manor houses. We aim to combine great contacts with the latest t
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100523008398. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Spence Willard, Cowes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.