Ockley Lane, Burgess Hill, West Sussex
- Entrance hall, Drawing room, Kitchen/dining hall, Family room, 2 Studies, Cloakroom, Wine store, Utility room
- Master bedroom, 7 Further bedrooms 4 Bath/shower rooms
- Ground floor annexe comprising: Kitchen/dining room, Sitting room, Bedroom, Bathroom
- Weald Hall Cottage; Kitchen, Open plan sitting room/dining room, Utility room, 3 Bedrooms, Bathroom
- Outbuildings, Games room, Gym, Garages, Swimming pool
- Gardens and grounds of 5.8 acres
There is a ground floor annexe to one side of the house which has previously been used for grandparents. The previous owners used the main house as two separate properties.
The kitchen/breakfast room is the heart of the house with stunning galleried landing to the first floor with a large full height window taking advantage of the south facing orientation and views. Adjacent to the kitchen is a family room, which would be ideal for young families. There is a formal drawing room and a study on this side of the property.
The second section of the property is laid out as a self-contained annexe with its own front door. It comprises a kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, bedroom, bathroom and WC. The principal reception room are all built on the rear of the property to enjoy the maximum light and open aspect.
The master bedroom has double aspect windows, which benefit from the stunning southerly outlook. The rest of the bedrooms are arranged over the first and second floors of the property and there are 7 further bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 shower rooms. There is a large single storey building to the east, which holds a large games room, ideal for teenager hangouts, and a well equipped gym and a kitchen. In addition there is a very spacious three bedroom cottage at the head of the driveway which has its own driveway and private garden.
Weald House is located on the edge of the popular West Sussex town of Burgess Hill, which offers a wide variety of retail and recreational amenities, including Waitrose and Tesco supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, cinema and the popular Triangle Leisure Centre. With the High Weald to the north and the South Downs to the south, the
The house is well situated for excellent road and rail communications, there is easy access to the M23, M25 and wider motorway network. There are direct train services to both London Victoria (54 mins) and London Blackfriars (59 mins) from Burgess Hill station.or from Haywards Heath to London Victoria in 46 minutes. For the international traveller Gatwick airport is 18 miles to the north
There are excellent schools in the area in both the state and private sector including: Burgess Hill School for Girls, Burgess Hill Academy, Downlands Community School, Hurstpierpoint College, Ardingly College and Brighton College
Ockley Lane, Burgess Hill, West Sussex
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Burgess Hill Station0.8 miles
- Hassocks Station1.4 miles
- Wivelsfield Station1.6 miles
About the agent
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference HOR190106. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Covering Horsham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.