South Close, Alresford
- Sizeable Detached 1960's House
- Overall Plot of 1/5 of an Acre
- Secluded and Private Location
- Scope to Extend, Subject to Planning
- Gardens to Front and Rear
- Located on Western Edge of the Town
The house is approached from the driveway, with an enclosed porch to the front of the house. The front door opens to the entrance hall, which retains the original parquet flooring under the current carpet. There is a study, a cloak/shower room, understairs cupboard and stairs leading up to the first floor. To the left of the hall is the sizeable L-shaped living room, which is used as a sitting room and dining room, with sliding doors to the garden and the original parquet flooring still under the current carpet. The kitchen features a range of storage units, worktops with tiling above, a double gas oven and gas hob. Off the kitchen is the utility room, which has spaces for appliances and a door to the garden.
Off the first floor landing are four bedrooms and a shower room. Bedroom one is a generously proportioned double room with a recess providing space for a dressing table. The second bedroom is also a substantial double room, with a built-in wardrobe. Bedrooms three and four both have built-in wardrobes. The shower room features a white suite comprising a shower, wash hand basin, wc and heated towel rail.
Outside, to the front of the house there is a lawned front garden and parking area. A gate to the side of the house leads through to the secluded and private rear garden, which is laid to lawn with a paved terrace, low maintenance borders, a summer house with light and power and a greenhouse.
Alresford is a beautiful Georgian town known for its variety of independent shops, restaurants and inns located in stunning surroundings on the edge of the South Downs National Park. Attractions include the Watercress steam railway, schools for infant, junior and secondary education, several churches and an active and inclusive community. The cathedral city of Winchester is about 7 miles away and there is easy access to the south coast, the midlands and London via the road network. There is also mainline rail access to London from both Winchester and Alton. Southampton airport is only about half an hour away by car
SERVICES We understand that mains gas, electricity, water and drainage are connected.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION Winchester City Council
Council Tax Band: F
South Close, Alresford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Winchester Station6.4 miles
About the agent
At home in Hampshire
Hellards is independently owned, and has been selling and letting properties in Alresford and the surrounding villages since 1988.
Wherever you may be on your personal property journey, we would love to help you. Call us on 01962 736333, or pop into our office on Broad Street in the centre of the town, to discuss your property needs.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100820005506. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hellards Estate Agents, Alresford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.