Bossington, Adisham, Canterbury, Kent
- A beautifully presented grade II listed residence
- 3.45 acre plot including gardens, grounds and paddock
- Three bedroom self contained annexe/cottage
- Outdoor heated swimming pool with vast dining/BBQ area
- Office wing with three offices, gym and store/changing rooms
- Ideally located for the well renowned Kings school
There is a Georgian staircase rising up from the welcoming entrance hall which leads to the sitting area with an archway to the main reception while the elegant dining room is the ideal place for formal entertaining. If you want a quiet read there is a good sized snug and the children can relax in the family area.
This property is built around a beautiful courtyard that you can view and access from the impressive dining hall with its large archway through to the contemporary country style kitchen incorporating a central island, range cooker, integrated appliances and access to the laundry room. For extra storage additional rooms are available on the lower ground floor including a wine cellar. There are three offices and a cloakroom as well as a games room, gym, changing rooms, a covered recreation/al fresco dining area and an outdoor barbecue and terrace surrounding the heated swimming pool.
The first floor has a family bathroom and five double bedrooms. These include two en suite guest rooms and the master with its own bathroom and large dressing room/additional bedroom. The second floor incorporates three bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen so could make ideal staff quarters. Beyond the games room on the ground floor is a large annex with a kitchen, bathroom, lounge and three double bedrooms, two of which have en-suites.
Sweeping lawns surround the property interspersed with trees and shrubs together with flower borders, a walled kitchen garden, a 1.75 acre paddock and the gravel frontage providing off road parking.
What the Owner says:
“This amazing property was in a somewhat parlous state as it had previously been used as a nursing home for nearly 20 years. However the current owners decided they would bring it back to its former glory so that once again it would become a very special place and the results have been fantastic. It has been a wonderful home to live in and entertain friends and family but the sellers feel it is now time to pass the baton on to new owners who they hope will enjoy it as much as they have. The hamlet of Bossington is charming and the property is close to the village of Adisham which includes a primary school that is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and a railway station as well as a livery stables for anyone interested in horses. You are only a short distance from the friendly village of Bridge with its three pubs including two with very good restaurants as well as a variety of useful shops such as a baker, butcher, small supermarket, health centre, chemist and equestrian outlet plus a dentist, hairdressers and gift shop. There is also an Outstanding primary school in Bridge and excellent private and grammar schools in Dover and Canterbury plus two universities and a further education college.
This property is only a few miles from Canterbury with its UNESCO world heritage site historic buildings, high street stores and individual shops, theatres, bars and restaurants as well as two mainline stations and the high speed rail that will get you to London within an hour. Cricket
- Sitting Room: 19'8 x 17'0 (6.00m x 5.19m)
- Drawing Room: 29'8 into bay x 18'1 (9.05m x 5.52m)
- Games Room: 28'5 x 13'6 (8.67m x 4.12m)
- Snug: 14'8 x 12'6 (4.47m x 3.81m)
- Formal Dining Room: 21'9 x 17'9 (6.63m x 5.41m)
- Boot Room
- Dining Hall: 21'9 x 15'7 (6.63m x 4.75m)
- Kitchen: 26'8 x 17'9 (8.13m x 5.41m)
- Utility Room: 16'4 x 10'8 (4.98m x 3.25m)
- Family Area: 17'5 x 13'3 (5.31m x 4.04m)
- Inner Hall
- Office: 12'0 x 11'1 (3.66m x 3.38m)
- Study: 12'0 x 10'5 (3.66m x 3.18m)
- Home Office: 16'2 x 12'0 (4.93m x 3.66m)
- Gymnasium: 17'5 x 17'0 (5.31m x 5.19m)
- Shower/Changing Room
- Outside WC
- Log Store
- Bin Store
- Bedroom 3: 14'5 x 13'2 (4.40m x 4.02m)
- En-suite Shower Room
- Family Bath/Shower Room: 11'4 x 9'0 (3.46m x 2.75m)
- Bedroom 4: 14'9 (4.50m) narrowing to 13'7 (4.14m) x 13'9 (4.19m)
- Bedroom 5: 18'0 x 11'0 (5.49m x 3.36m)
- Studio: 28'6 (8.69m) narrowing to 25'3 (7.70m) x 16'0 (4.88m)
- OUTBUILDING (The Cottage)
- Entrance Hall
- Annexe Study: 10'5 x 7'7 into fitted wardrobes (3.18m x 2.31m)
- Annexe Lounge: 21'6 x 14'4 into fitted wardrobes (6.56m x 4.37m)
- Annexe Kitchen/Diner: 28'0 x 14'4 (8.54m x 4.37m)
- Utility Room: 11'4 x 10'5 (3.46m x 3.18m)
- SPLIT LEVEL LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Wine Cellar: 16'9 x 15'7 (5.11m x 4.75m)
- Gun Room
- Plant Room: 14'0 x 12'3 (4.27m x 3.74m)
- Store Room 2
- Wine Cellar 2: 11'0 x 8'3 (3.36m x 2.52m)
- Store Room 3
- SPLIT LEVEL FIRST FLOOR
- Master Bedroom: 19'6 x 17'0 (5.95m x 5.19m)
- Dressing Room: 17'9 x 13'0 (5.41m x 3.97m)
- En-suite Bath/Shower Room: 17'8 x 7'9 (5.39m x 2.36m)
- Bedroom 2: 20'9 (6.33m) narrowing to 18'0 (5.49m) x 14'3 (4.35m)
- Walk-in Wardrobe
- En-suite Bath/Shower Room: 11'3 x 7'2 (3.43m x 2.19m)
- OUTBUILDING (The Cottage)
- Galleried Landing
- Master Bedroom: 16'0 (4.88m) x 13'5 (4.09m) narrowing to 10'8 (3.25m)
- Dressing Room: 11'7 (3.53m) x 10'9 (3.28m) narrowing to 9'5 (2.87m)
- En-suite Shower Room: 9'7 x 6'9 (2.92m x 2.06m)
- Bedroom 2: 11'5 x 10'9 (3.48m x 3.28m)
- En-suite Shower Room
- Bedroom 3: 18'0 (5.49m) narrowing to 11'1 (3.38m) x 11'4 (3.46m)
- SECOND FLOOR
- Bath/Shower Room
- Bedroom 10: 12'3 x 10'1 (3.74m x 3.08m)
- Bedroom 9: 12'1 x 11'8 (3.69m x 3.56m)
- Bedroom 8: 19'6 x 14'5 (5.95m x 4.40m)
- Dressing Area
- Kitchenette: 9'4 x 8'5 (2.85m x 2.57m)
- Bedroom 7: 20'9 x 14'5 (6.33m x 4.40m)
- Grounds of
- Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool
- Gated Driveway
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Bossington, Adisham, Canterbury, Kent
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Adisham Station0.6 miles
- Aylesham Station1.6 miles
- Snowdown Station2.5 miles
About the agent
Few things are more important to us than our homes, so here at Fine & Country, we believe it’s a real privilege to help people make their dreams a reality. Everyone has their own story.
Whether you are buying, selling, or renting we’re here to support you every step of the way. We are excited to show you all the ways we can help, so why not get in touch?
In the meantime, see what thousands of our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot. After all, they probably say it better t
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 16001991. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.