Coastguard Cottages, Torquay, TQ1
- Let available date:
- Let type:
- Long term
- Furnish type:
- No Agent Fees
- Bills Included
- Property Reference Number: 1228638
6 MONTHS WINTER LET ONLY STARTING 1st NOVEMBER 2021 ending 1st MAY 2022
* may be possible potential to extend rental, month by month after will advise in month 5 of tenancy or before.
A 3 bedroom, 2 reception 18th Century Old Coastguard Cottage on cliff top position with outstanding 180 degree sea views in front of 7 acre park in South Devon.
GAS, ELECTRIC, WATER BILLS, BT HUB FAST INTERNET all included in rent.
Tenants pay COUNCIL TAX so tenants MUST register for council tax which is about £1700/ paid monthly.
*** PLEASE ONLY ENQUIRE if you are happy to pay the rent and deposit paid upfront for the 6 months please **
Landlord has deposit protection scheme (DPS) for legally holding the deposit etc
- 3 bedroom large than average period cottage
- In a unique cul-de-sac location with direct access to "Daddyhole Plain" which is a large 7 acre park ideal for children, dog walkers, and sightseers. The park overlooks Torbay in South Devon which directly on the South West Coast Path.
- A peaceful quiet area only 10 minutes walk into harbour & centre of Torquay, South Devon. The nearest beach with cafes and hotels is Meadfoot Beach, 5 minutes walk.
- 3 bedroomed furnished cottage, double bed in main bedroom, double in second bedroom both looking out over the park, third bedroom has a bunk bed in overlooking town.
- Large kitchen-breakfast room - fridge, separate freezer, washing machine and gas cooker. Understairs cupboard and downstairs WC.
- Upstairs bathroom - bath with shower over.
- Large lounge and dining room overlooking a patio garden.
- Two parking spaces.
- Double glazed and central heating throughout.
TORQAY, SOUTH DEVON - itself became fashionable for naval officers & other affluent families during early 19th century, prompting building of large fashionable villas and exclusive hotels. Today, Torquay is well served with direct rail links to the major cities, motorway & airport at the cathedral city of Exeter.
With a micro-climate comparable to those found much further South and some 22 miles of coastline, cliffs, coves and beaches for you to enjoy, you’ll soon understand why Torbay is also referred to as the English Riviera.
Stunning views are to be seen just about everywhere across the Bay, and in addition to the expected water sports of swimming, kayaking, paddle-boarding, surfing and boating, the coastline provides great places for diving, angling and crabbing.
The English Riviera is also part of the UNESCO Global Geopark which recognises and supports important wildlife areas around the world. Whether it’s up at Berry Head Nature Reserve, Cockington Country Park, or Occombe Farm, the area offers brilliant woodland, cliff, and coastal paths to explore. The local charity Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust also organise a variety of opportunities to study the natural wildlife at your leisure.
The town is an ideal base for those also wanting to explore a bit further afield. Following the coastline to the West, you’ll easily reach places like Brixham, Dartmouth, and Blackpool Sands while to the East you’ll find Teignmouth, Dawlish and just a bit further on Exmouth and Exeter, with stunning Dartmoor just beyond. Moreover, Cornwall is only an hour away (Tamar Bridge) with its beautiful north and south coastlines and world-famous attractions like the Eden Project.
Torquay train station is 2 miles from the cottage. By road the A380 (South Devon Highway) brings you to within 3 miles of the cottage, this road is linked to the M5 motorway.
Summary & Exclusions:
- Rent Amount: £1,250.00 per month (£288.46 per week)
- Deposit / Bond: £1,442.30
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Property comes furnished
- Available to move in from 01 November, 2021
- Minimum tenancy term is 6 months
- Maximum number of tenants is 4
- No Students
- Pets considered / by arrangement
- Smokers considered
- Family Friendly
- Bills Included
- Property has parking
- Property has garden access
- Property has fireplace
- EPC Rating: D
If calling, please quote reference: 1228638
You will not be charged any admin fees.
** Contact today to book a viewing and have the landlord show you round! **
Request Details form responded to 24/7, with phone bookings available 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Coastguard Cottages, Torquay, TQ1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Torquay Station1.3 miles
- Torre Station1.8 miles
- Paignton Station2.7 miles
About the agent
OpenRent is the UK's largest letting agent, using online services to make renting your property cheaper and more convenient than ever before - while holding quality and security as our top priorities.
For a one-off fee off £49 inc VAT you get:
• Listing on Rightmove and other leading property portals
• Advertising your property to millions of high quality tenants
• A tenancy agreement and access to our digital signing services
• Registration of the tenancy deposi
Staying secure when looking for property
Disclaimer - Property reference 122863805102021. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by OpenRent, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.