Fairfax Close, Winchester, SO22
- Handsome four bedroom detached family home, situated in a very popular cul-de-sac location
- Generously proportioned accommodation throughout
- Welcoming sitting room with log burner fireplace
- Bright conservatory
- Dining room
- Kitchen/breakfast room with useful utility room
- Generous home office
- En-suite bathroom and fully tiled family bathroom with shower cubicle
- Beautiful front garden with ample off road parking and integral double garage
- Attractive rear garden
The spacious hallway lies at the centre of the property giving access to the principal reception spaces and has some useful storage cupboards. The welcoming sitting room with log burner fireplace is a super room stretching across the rear of the property and enjoying natural light from two aspects including via a set of double doors out to the bright conservatory at the rear. On the opposite side of the hall, the dining room lies alongside the kitchen/breakfast room, opening up the possibility of combining the two rooms into one if so desired, and subject to any supporting work needed. The fitted kitchen is at the front of the house overlooking the front garden and provides ample base and eye level units. There are fitted appliances such as double oven and hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. A useful utility room is located off the kitchen and gives direct access to the garage and to a generous home office beyond. The office has built in cupboard space and sliding doors out to the garden. A W.C. completes the picture on the ground floor.
On the first floor there are four good bedrooms and two bathrooms; the main bedroom is a good size with en-suite bathroom, and there are three further double bedrooms, two with built-in wardrobes, as well as the fully tiled family bathroom with shower cubicle.
Outside to the front of the property there is a beautiful front garden laid to lawn with a selection of plants and flowers and ample off-road parking on the very generous driveway, leading to the double garage. There is side access to the attractive rear garden which is fully enclosed by hedging ensuring excellent privacy, and this is mainly laid to lawn with a paved patio area immediately to the rear of the house and with a garden shed and greenhouse at the bottom of the garden.
Fairfax Close is ideally located to provide access to both Southampton and the city of Winchester with its railway station (links to London Waterloo in approx. 55 minutes), high street shops, boutiques, library, coffee shops, public houses, restaurants, theatre, cinema, museum and of course the city’s historic cathedral. The M3 motorway is easily accessible from this location.
From Winkworth turn left into High Street and bear left towards Upper High Street. At the roundabout carry straight on into Romsey Road and follow this past the hospital to another roundabout. Carry straight on over the roundabout and over the next set of traffic lights. At the next set of traffic lights turn left and then immediately right into Olivers Battery Road North. Fairfax Close is on the right after St. Peters School.
Fairfax Close, Winchester, SO22
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Winchester Station1.6 miles
- Shawford Station2.2 miles
- Chandlers Ford Station5.0 miles
About the agent
Winkworth was established in 1835 and, in 1981, became the UK's first franchised estate agency operation. Now, with a network of over 80 offices and, as an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape. Along with an extensive London presence, Winkworth has offices spanning the UK and an increasing international presence.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WIN210188. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Winkworth, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.