Juniper Cottage, Garvald, East Lothian, EH41 4LN
- Charming 1 bed cottage in sought after village
- Lovely open outlook to rear
- Courtyard garden & roof terrace
- Entrance vestibule & hallway with storage
- Sitting/dining room with doors to courtyard
- Double bedroom to front
- Kitchen with fitted units
- Shower room with white suite
- Ladder leading to floored loft with velux
- Single glazed & wood burning stove
By appt tel Agent
Juniper Cottage is a delightful one bedroom semi detached cottage located in the sought after village of Garvald. To the rear is a sheltered courtyard garden and a roof terrace overlooking a small stream towards open countryside. The property would be ideal as a permanent or second home. Internally a vestibule leads to a generous hallway/study area with fitted storage, the sitting/dining room has a double aspect with a wood burning stove and patio doors to the courtyard garden, a galley style kitchen benefits from fitted units and there is a shower room with white suite. There is a double bedroom to the front and a loft ladder in the hallway gives access to a floored attic with velux window and additional storage. There may be the potential to extend subject to obtaining the relevant permissions.
Garvald is a friendly and attractive village situated in a unique location and only 10 minutes from Haddington. Easy access is available to Edinburgh via the A1 dual carriageway from Haddington. Garvald has a pub, post office, church and meeting room, the Nunraw Monastery and an active village hall with a range of activities. Primary schooling is available in nearby Gifford (4 miles) or Haddington (6 miles) with Secondary Schooling available at Knox Academy, Haddington or Dunbar High (6 miles). Private schooling is available in Haddington, Musselburgh and Edinburgh. East Lothian also has its own University (Queen Margaret University), only 30 minutes from Garvald. The village is well served by local businesses delivering newspapers and milk. A newsagent, Co-op supermarket, cafe and 2 hotels are just 5 minutes away in Gifford and a good range of local shops, a monthly farmer's market and major supermarkets are available in Haddington and Dunbar. Train services are available from Dunbar (main East Coast line from Kings Cross to Edinburgh and Glasgow), stations on the North Berwick line, or from Newcraighall or Brunstane (just 8 mins to Waverley). The A1 from Dunbar provides road links to the Scottish Borders and England, Berwick upon Tweed - 40 mins.
Fixtures and Fittings
The carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings throughout are included in the sale price together with the cooker, fridge and washing machine. Some items of furniture may be available by separate negotiation.
Juniper Cottage, Garvald, East Lothian, EH41 4LN
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Drem Station7.2 miles
About the agent
Simpson & Marwick are leading residential property estate agents and solicitors in Edinburgh and East Lothian. We can help you buy and sell quality property from city centre apartments to rural family homes.
However what makes us different to other estate agents and solicitors is our unique approach to buying and selling residential property.
The Simpson & Marwick Way. We put you at the heart of everything we do so we can do our very best to achieve your
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 142674. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Simpson & Marwick, North Berwick. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.