High Road, Chipstead
- Approached over 1,500-foot driveway
- Beautiful formal grounds with specimen trees
- Elegant architecture, restored and enhanced
- Grand Reception Hall with magnificent staircase
- Beautiful bespoke fitted Kitchen - Breakfast Room
- Several antique fireplaces
- Refurbished, period-style Bathrooms
- Independent Annexe for Guests, Family or Rental
- Stylishly decorated interior
- No Onward Chain.
This historic house was built around 1810 as part of Lord Hylton's extensive estate and extended during Victorian and Edwardian eras. The property was bought by Lord Alfred and Lady Tritton in 1922 and subsequent owners sold the house around 1948 with some 117 acres. It is likely that the house was divided into four wings at this time. Now re-assembled to a single house with one remaining annexe by the current owners, the house has been both restored and refurbished to create a beautifully appointed family home. The part-wooded, parkland grounds provide a perfect setting and include a heated swimming pool, tennis court and garaging for up to 10 cars.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
High Road, Chipstead
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kingswood Station1.6 miles
- Merstham Station1.8 miles
- Chipstead Station2.0 miles
About the agent
Specialists in the sale of residential property over a wide area of the Surrey Downs, from studio flats to mansion apartments and from cottages to prestigious homes and country houses.
A local estate agent for over 40 years, Richard Saunders established his company in Banstead High Street in 1997, launching a lettings department in 2008 and opening a second offic
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 101053005026. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Richard Saunders and Company, Banstead. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.