Old Forge Lane, TN22
- Exceptional 4 bedroom detached country home
- Occupying secluded 0.36 acre plot
- Detached chalet/home office/studio
- Decked veranda with hot tub
- Stunning kitchen/breakfast room
- Detached double garage
- Adjoining the 6,500 acre Ashdown Forest
- Sitting room with wood burning stove
- Dining room with French doors opening to the decked veranda
- Master bedroom with en-suite
An exceptional four bedroom (two bath/shower room) detached country home occupying a plot of 0.36 of an acre with a detached chalet and double garage. Located on the edge of the breath-taking Ashdown Forest the inspiration behind A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh books.
This stunning home has undergone a significant renovation programme throughout, affording spacious and versatile living accommodation on the ground floor. A distinguishing feature of the home is the kitchen/breakfast room with a part vaulted ceiling and an elegant kitchen with Range Induction stove, Ouooker tap providing boiling water, integrated appliances and stylish door furniture. The bathroom suites have been beautifully fitted with contemporary white sanity ware and have underfloor heating. The property is complemented by tiled flooring to the hallway and cloakroom, karndean to the living space and wool carpets to the first floor. In addition, the property benefits from a new oil fired boiler and central heating system with Nest, LED lighting and venetians blinds throughout much of the property.
The accommodation extends to 2033 sq ft and comprises in brief on the ground floor; an attractive tall timber gabled storm porch, an entrance hallway with cloakroom, a stunning double aspect sitting room with wood burning stove and French doors opening to a rear garden, a separate dining room with further French doors opening to the raised decked veranda, a ground floor bedroom 4/study, an 25'3 x 12'3 impressive kitchen/breakfast room and a separate utility room.
The first floor which provides a double aspect master bedroom enjoying a pleasant view towards the adjoining forest with an extensive range of bespoke built-in wardrobes and en-suite bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower room, two further good sized double bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Outside the front of the property is approached via a five bar gate with a block paved driveway, level lawns and a detached double garage. The rear garden surrounds the property on two sides with a raised decked veranda and hot tub enjoying a pleasant view towards the forest. Within the gardens is an attractive pitched roof chalet, newly carpeted with power and light connected and further timber sheds.
N.B: Eco friendly - Solar panels provide hot water and electricity, excess is exported to the grid and provides an annual income.
- Recently fitted Kitchen (LED lighting, tiled splash back, solid white marble Silestone worktop). Integrated NEFF dishwasher, 2x bins, and top induction Range Cooker. Matching utility room with Maple worktop, door to side of house. Installation by Kitchens Bespoke.
- Recently fitted Composite front door, and standard UPVC windows/doors through-out.
- Recently fitted flooring through-out of downstairs, mix of tiles, Karndean Knight Tile (KP94) and 15mm engineered wood (V4Flooring UN101, top layer 4mm European oak, £79.20/m).
- 100% un-dyed wool carpets to all of upstairs (Barefoot Wool Hatha Sanksrit Carpet, £77.90/m).
- Recently fitted Consumer Board & dimmable LED down-lights to most rooms.
- Recently fitted High Pressure water system together with NEST.
- Recently fitted Oil Boiler, double-walled Oil Tank + feeder pipe, and radiators.
- Recently fitted bathrooms through-out with underfloor heating.
- Freshly decorated and new skirting to most rooms..
- Wireless alarm system by Visonic, with motion, window and door sensors through-out (inc. garage).
- Custom built-in Wardrobes by Spacemaker in Master Bedroom and Bedroom 3.
- Excellent BT Fiber (top deal approx. £80/m with 300MBPS/download).
- Solar Panels with Feed in Tariff (not leased)
- White Venetian blinds through-out most of house by Sovereign Blinds
- Fully functional large Wood Burner to Large Sitting Room.
- Double garage with electric garage door opener, with storage above, and wood storage shed adjacent. Block-paved Driveway has ample parking for 6+ cars.
- Recently fitted front gates with approx. 0.36 acres of garden.
- Outdoor wood cabin with electrics and plumbing with new carpet.
- Large decking at in excess of 150sqm to rear with Jacuzzi.
- Beautiful stream to rear (never flooded!)
- Mains electricity, mains water, cesspit.
- Area is 2,572 sqft, and internal house area is 2,033 sqft.
Badgers is beautifully situated in a rural position close to open countryside on the edge of the Ashdown Forest, yet within striking distance of Fairwarp village which offers a public inn, an historic church and a village green. Additional facilities can be found at nearby Maresfield offering a general store, a post office, an additional public inn and a popular primary school. The area itself is considered one of the most desirable locations within the Sussex area and offers exceptional riding, walking and country pursuits across the Ashdown Forest, the inspiration behind A.A Milne's Winnie The Pooh books. Uckfield is approx 3 1/2 miles distant and offer
an extensive range of shopping and leisure facilities including numerous bars/restaurants, a public library and cinema, supermarkets as well as comprehensive schooling for all age groups. The town offers a railway service to London in just over an hour and the nearby
A272 provides swift vehicular access to Haywards Heath which boasts commuting times to London Victoria (47mins approx). The royal spa town of Tunbridge Wells is also within driving distance and also offers railway links to London Bridge/Charing cross 49 mins.
Old Forge Lane, TN22
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Buxted Station2.8 miles
- Uckfield Station3.2 miles
- Crowborough Station5.3 miles
About the agent
17 offices across Sussex and into Surrey
With an impressive 17 eye catching offices across Sussex and into Surrey, no other independent agent in the area has the reach that we do.
And because we have been selling property in the area since 1947, it is very likely that we will have sold a property very similar to yours, very close by. Possibly even your property!
This gives us huge experience to draw on, not to mention a vast pool o
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference badgers. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mansell McTaggart, Uckfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.