- A unique opportunity to purchase this iconic Grade 11 listed property within walkingdistance of Thame's historic High Street.
- Steeped in history, The Old Police House dates back from the Victorian period
- Spacious family accommodation of 2730 sq ft with the potential for extension s.t.p.p.
- The property retains many original features including the old police cell
- Open place living room / dining area with woodburning stove, garden room,study/office.
- Kitchen/breakfast room leading to rear hallway and utility area.
- Five bedrooms on first floor and family bathroom and dressing room / potential en suite.
- Spacious enclosed garden which are mainly laid to lawn
- Large Garage and parking for upto 10 cars
- Must be seen to appreciate this delightful property
The Police House was built in the early Victorian era and is dated to 1854 as well as being Grade II Listed. The property has gone through several permutations over the years and now offers remarkably spacious and flexible accommodation; a lovely combination of historical design notes subtly contrasted with contemporary living. This is a peaceful detached home with the convenience of all that Thame has to offer within just a few minutes walk from the front door.
The property is access via a gated entrance and entered through a gabled porch which leads to a charming hall which in turn leads into a light and airy double reception room. A woodburning stove and polished wooden floor combined with the elegant proportions of the room to create an immediate and welcoming space that is cool in the summer and cosy in the winter. Beyond the reception rooms is a further room that is presently used as a games room. This space leads out into the rear exterior of the property where this is a private outdoor entertaining area.
Inside and leading on from the games room is a surprisingly large indoor studio and summer room. This is a fabulous enclosed area that works as a great entertaining and dining space and as somewhere that can also offer a tranquil and inspirational work space.
The kitchen is located at the front of the property and has a central island with plenty of storage. The kitchen window looks out onto a lovely private aspect of the garden.
The original cells are a focal point of the ground floor with their characterful old doors and barred cell windows. There is on offer a wealth of unusual and fascinating character that lends itself perfectly to a space that is currently used as an office.
The property benefits from two staircases - one off the games room and with the primary one off the kitchen. Above there is a generous double aspect master bedroom with an additional room which could potentially be converted into an en-suite bathroom. There are four further double bedrooms with period features and complimented by a family bathroom.
Externally in a world where parking is at a premium, one of the outstanding features of the property is the amazing amount of space for private parking. There is also a secondary gated entrance to the side of the property which provides additional parking and access to a large garage. The generous garden is mainly laid to lawn with trees providing a wooded glade to the side. A mature hedgerow embraces the entire plot and offers great privacy.
the house is substantially built and is a home that has provided a wonderful space over the last twenty years for the present family who converted it from its original use.
AML DISCLAIMERPlease note it is a legal requirement that we require verified ID from purchasers before instructing a sale. Please also note we shall require proof of funds before we instruct the sale together with your instructed solicitors
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Haddenham & Thame Parkway Station2.3 miles
About the agent
Moving is a busy and exciting time and we're here to make sure the experience goes as smoothly as possible by giving you all the help you need Under one roof.
The company has always used computer and internet technology, but the company's biggest strength is the genuinely warm, friendly and professional approach that we offer all of our clients.
Our record of success has been built upon a single-minded desire to provide our clients, with a top class personal service delivered by h
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 9493501. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Colombs Estate Agents, Thame. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.