Wootton Drive, Petham, Canterbury, Kent
- A fabulous and spacious detached family home
- 0.4239 acre plot including beautiful garden
- Separate Grade II listed thatched barn
- Converted stable providing gym, shower room, study & kitchenette
- Vast driveway with space for multiple vehicles
- Semi rural location yet convenient for Canterbury city centre
- EPC energy rating D
Beyond the kitchen are two double bedrooms both with en-suite shower rooms that could make an ideal separate area for elderly relatives, adult children or as a guest wing. The ground floor also includes a large fitted utility room and a cloakroom. Upstairs are three double bedrooms and a family bathroom. One bedroom has two sets of fitted wardrobes, another is currently set out as a study and the third is the impressive main bedroom with a walk in wardrobe/dressing room and an en-suite bathroom. There is also access to plenty of eaves storage.
The garden is surrounded by a high hedge and includes a large lawn behind the barn accessed under a vast wisteria covered pergola and includes a cherry and a walnut tree. The barn is believed to date from the mid 17th century and would make the most superb entertainment complex. Attached are the charming stables that have been converted into an annex incorporating a gym and games room with a shower and catering facilities.
What the Owner says:
“The house is one of 13 individual properties built on the Wootton Estate. The development is very secluded and includes communal green areas. It is very quiet, safe and secluded as we are on a private cul de sac road. We bought the house from new in 1999 as we had fallen in love with the barn and were able to adapt the plans for the new house to our own design. We have loved living here for over 20 years but we feel it is time to downsize and move nearer our children.”
- Entrance Hall
- Lounge/Diner: (L-shaped) 20'9 x 11'10 (6.33m x 3.61m) plus 16'2 x 14'8 (4.93m x 4.47m)
- Utility Room: 8'5 x 8'1 (2.57m x 2.47m)
- Kitchen/Dining/Family Room: 25'7 (7.80m) narrowing to 17'2 (5.24m) x 19'8 (6.00m)
- Inner Hall
- Bedroom 3: 12'7 x 10'1 (3.84m x 3.08m)
- En-suite Shower Room
- Bedroom 2: 16'9 x 10'7 (5.11m x 3.23m)
- En-suite Shower Room
- FIRST FLOOR
- Galleried Landing
- Main Bedroom: 16'3 (4.96m) narrowing to 13'7 (4.14m) x 15'1 (4.60m)
- Walk-in Wardrobe
- En-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 5/Study: 11'0 (3.36m) x 10'0 (3.05m) narrowing to 7'9 (2.36m)
- Bedroom 4: 10'7 into bay x 1'3 (3.23m x 0.38m)
- OUTBUILDING 1: 75'7 x 30'1 (23.05m x 9.18m)
- OUTBUILDING 2
- Study: 31'0 x 11'7 (9.46m x 3.53m)
- Gym: 13'6 x 11'6 (4.12m x 3.51m)
- Shower Room
- Front Garden
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Wootton Drive, Petham, Canterbury, Kent
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chartham Station2.3 miles
- Chilham Station3.0 miles
- Canterbury East Station3.7 miles
About the agent
Few things are more important to us than our homes, so here at Fine & Country, we believe it's a real privilege to help people make their dreams a reality. Everyone has their own story.
Whether you are buying, selling, or renting we're here to support you every step of the way. We are excited to show you all the ways we can help, so why not get in touch?
In the meantime, see what thousands of our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot. After all, they probably say it better t
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 16002001. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.