Stratford Road, Watford
- Excellent period house
- High screen wall
- Gates to carriage driveway.
- High ceilings and many period features.
- 5 receptions
- Principal suite
- Four further bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- Landscaped gardens
- Quiet location, but close to station & amenities.
Entrance Vestibule l Reception Hall l Drawing Room l Dining Room Study l Kitchen/Breakfast Room l Utility I Garden Room l Guest Cloakroom. Principal Bedroom Suite l 4 Further Bedrooms l Family Bathroom I large loft with extension potential I Octagonal Garden Office l Detached Double Garage currently a games room l Landscaped Gardens, total area approx. 0.27 acres with development potential (subject to consent)
Situated in a quiet road in a sought-after local conservation area, The Manse is only half a mile from Watford town centre with extensive leisure and shopping facilities, and fast rail services to Euston (20 minutes from Watford Junction) and Baker Street (32 minutes from Watford Metropolitan line). The M1 and M25 nearby provide quick access to Heathrow and Luton airports, and local schools are excellent.
Approached via a carriage drive with parking for up to 10 vehicles, there is gated access to either side of the house leading to terracing, an ornamental pond with fountain and fish, extensive lawns and well stocked borders. The double garage provides a large recreation room with its own separate ‘children’s garden’, with development potential for a separate property (plans available).
The house and garden provide beautiful mature tree views from all angles, despite being so close to Watford town centre, and fast train access to Euston. This unique property has only come to market three times since it was built nearly a hundred years ago. This is an extremely rare opportunity to purchase a beautifully appointed spacious family home in a private location with extensive gardens and lovely views just 16 miles from central London.
BrochuresThe Manse_v3 SCR.pdf
Energy Performance CertificatesEE RatingEI Rating
Stratford Road, Watford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Watford Junction Station0.4 miles
- Watford Station0.8 miles
- Watford North Station1.0 miles
About the agent
If you are thinking of selling we should certainly be able to help; we have what is probably the most experienced team in St Albans. This has been led by Andy Young (Director) who established the current office 20 years ago and has been in the industry for 34 years. Nick Hill is consultant to Town & Country, bringing with him 45 years' experience in agency, the last 20 of which have been spent dealing with properties of all descriptions locally.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 29887417. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Aitchisons, St Albans. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.