Shap Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9
- Lease type:
- Long term
- Attractive First Floor Office Accommodation
- Recently Refurbished
- Occupying a Strategic Location on Shap Road to the North of Kendal Town Centre
- Total Approximate Net Internal Area 85.91m2 (925 sq ft)
- Rental - £10,000 per annum exclusive
The subject property occupies a high profile position on the eastern side and southern extent of Shap Road to the north of Kendal town centre, Cumbria in the North West England.
Kendal is the principal town of South Lakeland and is situated just outside of the southern boundaries of the Lake District National Park, only 6 miles from Junctions 36 and 37 of the M6 Motorway. The town has a resident population of 29,495 (2011 Census) and is a popular tourist destination being 10 miles south of Windermere and the gateway to the Lakes which has recently gained World Heritage status. The town has a weighted retail catchment in excess of 50,000 people and a greater district catchment in excess of 102,000. The district's Class Grouping indicates that in excess of 50% of the catchment area is of A, B or C demographic.
Oxenholme Train Station which is situated on the West Coast main railway line is located 4 miles to the south providing direct services to London (approximate journey time 2 hours 50 minutes) and Glasgow (1 hour 45 minutes).
The A6 Shap Road provides a direct route south into Kendal town centre and onto Junction 36 of the M6, 8 miles away. The A6 travels north to Shap and Junction 39 of the M6, circa 15 miles away. The location is established as one of the main trading locations in Kendal providing a mixture of warehouses, offices, car showrooms and trade counter properties with nearby occupiers including Webbs of Kendal and Inkwood Interiors. A short distance to the north is Mintsfeet Industrial Estate with occupiers including Screwfix, Howdens, Travis Perkins, The Builders Supply Company Suzuki and Vauxhall.
The property is accessed from Shap Road and comprises a semi-detached brick built building which is rendered and pebble dashed at upper floor level and is beneath a pitched felt roof.
The first floor offices are accessed via an independent staircase and benefit from 3 individual office areas, kitchen and WC's. The first floor accommodation has recently been refurbished and comprise of plaster painted walls and ceiling, carpeted floors, ceiling lights and double glazed windows which give views of the hills beyond.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate net internal measurements:
First Floor Offices 85.91m2 (925 sq ft)
Total Approximate Net Internal Area 85.91m² (925 sq ft)
The property is connected to mains electricity, gas, water and the mains drainage/sewage system.
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a rental of £10,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that the premises have a Rateable Value of £4,850.
Prospective tenants should check that exact rates payable with South Lakeland District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
An Energy Performance Certificate has been produced for the premises and is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Joe Ellis / Suzie Barron
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in August 2021.
Disclaimer - Property reference M1298. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EDWIN THOMPSON, Windermere Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.