Machynlleth, Powys, SY20
- Grade II Listed
- 3 reception rooms & Restaurant
- 7 en suite bedrooms
- Separate Annexe with further 6 en suite bedrooms
- Separate 5 bedroom (1 en suite) owner’s/staff residence
- Beautiful landscaped grounds & gardens
- Option to purchase adjacent 4 bedroom dwelling
- Option to purchase leasehold rents & service charges
- of adjacent Holiday Chalet Park by separate negotiation
- EPC Rating = C
Plas Dolguog was bought by the Rhodes family in 1987 as a Guest House. This Guest House was developed by the addition of en suite facilities to each of the bedrooms whilst retaining many of the features and characters of the building.
As a natural progression, a function suite was added. This allowed the increasing function trade to enjoy the wonderful views across the valley to the foothills of Snowdonia National Park. The oak timber beams were hand crafted on site to link the new to the original features of the building. The old stables were replaced with a new build put on the original footprint to provide extra accommodation space with a further 6 en suite bedrooms (4 sought after ground floor rooms with terraces and 2 large family rooms on the first floor with balconies). The coach house was built for all the services now required to run a busy hotel, including the managers 5 bedroom accommodation. As an ongoing development 22 log cabins were built in the Orchard and woods for which the owners were presented with the Chalet Park Design of the Year Award 1999. All the building taken place has been done allowing the implementation of sustainable energy as can be seen with the Photovoltaic Panels, Biomass boiler and Geothermic heat exchange systems (latter Solstar house) which helped the sellers achieve the Green Dragon Accreditation, Bee Friendly Park Status and David Bellamy Gold Award (1996 - present).
The property is being offered for sale as a going concern.
Please see the brochure on the Savills website for further information or contact the Cardiff office to send you one.
Plas Dolguog is set in the heart of the Dyfi valley with views towards the edge of the famous Snowdonia National Park.
Set amid specimen trees and gold award winning gardens, you will find the tranquility of this hidden oasis.
The ancient market town of Machynlleth with its interesting shops and watering holes, historic buildings and wide main street dominated by the clock tower is only about 1.6 miles away to the south-west.
The town’s colourful, bustling street market has been held in the same street since 1291.
Machynlleth is the heart of Mid Wales, both geographically and culturally, and is well placed for visits to castles, nature and sandy beaches.
The stunning coastal village of Aberdyfi overlooking Cardigan Bay is only about 12 miles to the south-west and is a superb sailing centre at the head of a broad estuarial plain which changes hourly with the ebb and flow of the tide.
Square Footage: 9,073 sq ft
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating GraphEPC Rating Graph
Machynlleth, Powys, SY20
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Machynlleth Station1.1 miles
- Dovey Junction Station4.7 miles
About the agent
• Leading Property Consultants
• Expansive Property Website
• Over 100 UK Offices
• Over 30 London Offices
• Leaders in Research
• Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CRS190061. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cardiff. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.