Churchgate Way, Terrington St. Clement, King's Lynn
- An exceptional country home
- Wealth of original features
- Well-planted gardens
- Extensive seven bedroomed accommodation
- Great hall with carved oak timbers
- Annexe Potential
This exceptional country home within the well served west Norfolk of Terrington St Clement. Understood to date from the 15th century, the property boasts many exemplary features not least the gracious reception rooms providing lovely living accommodation.
This exceptional country home within the well served west Norfolk of Terrington St Clement. Understood to date from the 15th century, the property boasts many exemplary features not least the gracious reception rooms providing lovely living accommodation on the ground floor along with a 'live-in' kitchen and impressive 'great hall' with carved oak timbers. The first floor offers up to seven bedrooms with two bathrooms. Viewings are essential.
With door in from the front aspect, having windows either side, this hall features an impressive stone fireplace with cast iron insert, exposed floorboards, stain glass windows (which are a theme of most of the ground floor accommodation) displaying hand-painted birds, arch recess and picture rail. Doors from this hall lead to the principal reception rooms and it is open into the rear hallway.
This well proportioned has windows to the front aspect, once again featuring hand-painted pictures on stained glass, tiled fireplace and picture rail. A glazed door leads to the Conservatory.
An extremely spacious room with a southerly aspect of uPVC construction with pitched roof. There are windows to three sides and three sets of French doors opening into the garden. Door from the conservatory lead to the Sitting Room and TV room.
This lovely formal dining room has stained glass windows to the front aspect once again featuring hand-painted bird picture, exposed brick fireplace, attractive oak beams. Servery opens into the Kitchen.
With window and door to the rear aspect.
With WC and French antique metal wash stand. A particular feature of this room is the red and black Victorian tiled flooring.
Lovely original feature with storage and display cupboards, once again features the red and black Victorian tiled flooring, another feature are the meat hooks.
Another lovely reception room with window and door into the Conservatory. This room unusually features an Egyptian style fireplace.
A 'live-in' kitchen with windows to the rear aspect, a corner brick exposed fireplace houses a wood burning stove. The kitchen is fitted with a range of oak base and matching wall units with granite working surfaces and inset Butler sink. A space for a range-style cooker with hood over, practical Flagstone flooring. Exposed beams. Door with steps down open into a useful walk-in pantry providing wonderful storage with the added feature of game hooks and a door leads into the Great Hall.
The Great Hall is a wonderful room with doors to the rear aspect as well as to the front porch, of particular note are the carved oak ceiling beams and once gain this room features a brick fireplace. A door opens to the rear staircase.
With windows to side aspect, once again featuring carved oak beams to the ceiling and a Victorian composite marble flooring, we understand this room was formally used as a dairy.
A useful porch/boot room with windows and doors to the front aspect providing practical space when coming in from the outside.
First Floor Landing
Split-level landing with stairs up from the main Reception Hall as well as the rear servant's staircase, window to the rear aspect.
A lovely double aspect room with stained glass windows, pedestal wash hand basin.
Once again a double aspect room offering open views, having windows with stained glass panels, pedestal wash hand basin.
Window to front aspect offering view along the drive. The window once again having stained glass inserts. Walk-in wardrobe and fitted storage. Feature fireplace.
A contemporary bathroom with oversized shower in cubicle with central porthole window, hand wash basin and bath.
Window to front aspect with stained glass inserts. Feature fireplace and fitted wardrobe.
Spacious bathroom having bath, corner shower cubicle, bidet, hand wash basin, airing cupboard and further fitted storage.
Dressing Room/bedroom Seven
Window to side aspect. This room is currently used to store laundry.
With window to front aspect having stained glass panel, Victorian cast iron fireplace. We understand this would originally have been the Butlers bedroom with Bedroom Six alongside being the servant's quarters.
With window to front aspect having stained glass insert.
Manor House stands well back from the road in the village of Terrington St Clement approached over a long drive flanked by gardens to one side. There is ample parking alongside the driveway for vehicles. The property has extensive lawned gardens with mature specimen trees to the front aspect and to the rear, a lovely walled and vegetable garden with greenhouse and a variety of fruit trees. The property has wonderful open views offered by this most individual property.
There are approximately 13 acres (STMS) of paddocks along with a stable yard and cottage which could be purchased along with the Manor House.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Churchgate Way, Terrington St. Clement, King's Lynn
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kings Lynn Station4.5 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Norwich – Select Homes William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in Norwich – Select Homes
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding ar
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1103131. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.