Stanton Lane, Ellastone, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6
- Stunning group of 5* holiday homes
- Northwood Farmhouse - Magnificent redevelopment of a period farmhouse
- The Barn at Northwood - Substantial high quality stone barn conversion
- The Granary - Superb two storey conversion used as a holiday rental
- The Old Dairy - Spacious two storey stone built period conversion used as a holiday rental
- The Stables - recent conversion to create a one bedroom apartment
- Additional laundry room and manager's office
- Extensive leisure facilities
- Idyllic rural setting with good access to the Peak National District Park
- EPC Rating = D
Northwood Farm is a magnificent redevelopment of a period farmhouse, and a range of attached and detached buildings which have created a glorious spacious complex of holiday properties with the opportunity to expand considerably the current operation or to continue the use for multi-family/generational occupation in part or indeed as a whole. The current owners have continued to invest in the improvement of the properties over many years and more recently the conversion of the garden level stables has created further residential accommodation comprising a modern self-contained ground floor flat – this could be available for separate holiday letting or indeed for a manager if all of the existing properties were to be used for holiday accommodation. There is also a manager’s office and separate laundry and a carefully created pool room (which will require completion) for the installation of a hydrotherapy pool.
In addition to the recently created one bed apartment there are four separate residential units, two of which – The Granary and the Old Dairy are currently used for holiday rental accommodation. In addition is the main Northwood Farmhouse, a glorious principal owner’s residence and The Barn at Northwood, a separate and substantial high quality stone barn conversion providing separate family accommodation.
Idyllic rural location within easy reach of a range of regional national centres. Good access to the Peak District National Park and a range of regional and national tourist attractions.
Northwood Farm is a glorious group of high quality period stone houses, cottages and barns in a wonderful setting with stunning countryside views across its own private wooded valley.
Ellastone is an historic village lying on the renowned River Dove and is within easy reach (some 3 miles) from the Alton Towers theme park and other major tourist attractions with glorious views lying at the southern end of the Limestone Way. The village itself has a renowned public house and restaurant and Calwich Abbey is also located nearby.
There is good access directly to the A50 trunk road linking across to Stoke on Trent and the M6 to the west and the A38 and M1 to the east. Northwood Farm enjoys a quiet location set above and with fine views across its own private tree-lined valley, in all about 9.5 acres or thereabouts.
Derby 18 miles, Ashbourne 5 miles, A50 6 miles, Alton Towers 3 miles. Birmingham 47 miles, Manchester 55 miles.
Square Footage: 7,210 sq ft
Energy Performance CertificatesNorthwood Farmhouse
Stanton Lane, Ellastone, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Uttoxeter Station6.8 miles
About the agent
Expansive Property Website
Over 100 UK Offices
Over 30 London Offices
Leaders in Research
Mortgages & Finance servicesFounded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step of the process.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference NTS170249. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Nottingham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.