Ashford Road, Chartham, Canterbury, Kent
- Elegant period residence with its origins in the 1700s
- Surrounded by 7.16 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and woodlands
- Renovated and improved including a magnificent hand crafted kitchen
- Original features throughout including vast inglenook fireplaces and oak paneling
- Paddock with stables, large swimming pool plus garage and yard
- Private road access to Canterbury via Chartham Hatch
- EPC energy rating E
The reception hall is open plan to a seating area that flows through to the truly magnificent kitchen/breakfast room. Also in the kitchen is an ingenious remote controlled lift up entrance to the very useful cellar. There is a large utility room, shower room and a study/gym/bedroom as well as a cloakroom and a large office. The atmosphere changes as you walk into the formal dining room with its wall and ceiling beams and the magnificent drawing room with its Jacobean style pattered ceiling, vast inglenook, half height oak wall panelling and charming bay window. The large sitting room/music room is equally charming with its inglenook fireplace and bay window.
The first floor corridor with its wall and ceiling beams leads to a family bathroom and six double bedrooms including two en-suites. At the end of the corridor there is the awe inspiring master suite with its vaulted ceiling, cross beams, beautiful built in oak wardrobes and french doors to a balcony and a superb en-suite bathroom.
The elevated rear garden includes attractive flower and shrub beds with steps up to a lawn and a Palladian style pavilion and further steps to another lawn with views across an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The large front garden includes the wraparound terrace and flowing lawns interspersed with specimen trees. Solar panels are available to heat the large swimming pool complex that includes changing rooms with a shower and toilet. There is also a summerhouse, two garden sheds, a garage and gravel driveway, the paddock, two stables and the magnificent woodlands.
What the Owner says:
"We moved here about eight years ago because we loved the position and the stunning landscape. The house was charming but needed considerable updating and we have thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to renovate the property and are very proud of the results".
- Breakfast Room/Kitchen Area: 31'8 (9.66m) x 18'7 (5.67m) narrowing to 13'4 (4.07m)
- Sitting Area: 15'6 x 10'9 (4.73m x 3.28m)
- Utility: 13'2 x 8'0 (4.02m x 2.44m)
- Plant Room: 8'0 x 6'0 (2.44m x 1.83m)
- Shower Room: 7'11 x 5'4 (2.41m x 1.63m)
- Gym: 12'8 x 11'11 (3.86m x 3.63m)
- Formal Dining Room: 20'8 x 16'3 (6.30m x 4.96m)
- Sitting Room: 25'7 into bay x 18'2 (7.80m x 5.54m)
- Music/Sitting Room: 19'6 x 19'6 (5.95m x 5.95m)
- Study: 16'11 x 10'9 (5.16m x 3.28m)
- WC: 5'9 x 4'3 (1.75m x 1.30m)
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bathroom: 10'11 x 9'8 (3.33m x 2.95m)
- Bedroom: 11'10 x 11'1 (3.61m x 3.38m)
- Bedroom: 19'9 x 15'11 (6.02m x 4.85m)
- En-Suite: 6'7 x 6'6 (2.01m x 1.98m)
- Bedroom: 20'3 x 17'4 (6.18m x 5.29m)
- En-Suite: 14'0 x 8'0 (4.27m x 2.44m)
- Bedroom: 13'4 x 11'0 (4.07m x 3.36m)
- Bedroom: 15'10 x 10'11 (4.83m x 3.33m)
- Main Bedroom: 32'0 x 16'3 (9.76m x 4.96m)
- En-Suite Area 1: 13'5 x 8'3 (4.09m x 2.52m)
- En-Suite Area 2: 12'7 x 8'6 (3.84m x 2.59m)
- Cellar: 20'0 x 9'7 (6.10m x 2.92m)
- Gated Driveway
- Garage & Workshop
- Summer House
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Ashford Road, Chartham, Canterbury, Kent
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chartham Station1.0 miles
- Chilham Station1.7 miles
- Selling Station2.6 miles
About the agent
Few things are more important to us than our homes, so here at Fine & Country, we believe it's a real privilege to help people make their dreams a reality. Everyone has their own story.
Whether you are buying, selling, or renting we're here to support you every step of the way. We are excited to show you all the ways we can help, so why not get in touch?
In the meantime, see what thousands of our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot. After all, they probably say it better t
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 16002048. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.