New Road, Broad Oak, Sturminster Newton
- Spacious detached house in peaceful location
- 0.75 acre plot with large rear garden
- Fine views over surrounding hills and countryside
- 2500 sq ft accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom 4 / study
- 3 first floor bedrooms, 2 bath / shower rooms
- Triple aspect 26' kitchen / breakfast room
- Large garden room with doors to terrace
- South facing rear terrace
- Large garage and ample off road parking
Highview is a spacious detached house believed to have been built in the 1970s of painted brick elevations under a pitched tiled roof.
Internally the rooms are a good size with the front door opening into a large hall. There is a study / bedroom 4 and the main sitting room is dual aspect. The kitchen / breakfast room is an extension and is a superb family space, triple aspect and 26' long. There is an excellent range of wall mounted and floor standing units, integrated dishwasher, electric double oven and grill, induction hob and space for two large fridge/freezers. A door to the rear opens out to the garden. From the kitchen there is an opening to a snug / dining hall with wood burning stove and a further opening to the garden room which is a lovely place to sit and take in the garden. A shower room with wc completes the ground floor accommodation.
On the first floor there are three double bedrooms with the master bedroom having a dressing room and ensuite bathroom with a shower.
The property is approached from the lane on to a private drive where there is parking for a number of cars and a large garage / workshop (19' x 14'6) with roller door, power and light. A gate at the side leads to the back of the house where there is a large terrace getting the sunshine for most of the day. Steps lead up to the lawn which is well maintained with some mature trees and hedges and wonderful far-reaching views to Bulbarrow and the surrounding countryside.
Broad Oak is a small hilltop hamlet on the outskirts of Sturminster Newton. Sturminster Newton is a traditional market town. The town has a weekly market on Mondays, a range of shops including traditional butchers and delicatessen, supermarket, cafes, pubs, library, doctor and dental practices, health centre, churches and schools. The town also has an exceptional and active arts centre which provides a wide range of music, theatre and other events, a recreation ground and the surrounding area has some fantastic walking countryside. The larger towns of Blandford Forum, Shaftesbury and Sherborne are within easy reach by road and Gillingham has a main line station to London Waterloo (approximately 2 hours).
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
New Road, Broad Oak, Sturminster Newton
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Templecombe Station8.0 miles
About the agent
To be the most respected firm in the region. Symonds & Sampson are a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors being specialist Estate Agents and Letting Agents with an in-depth knowledge of the regional property market.
Professionalism is the bedrock of the firm and we presently have 49 qualified staff who are either Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, ARLA or NAEA.
Our spread of 10 offices throughout Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset and Devon toge
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference STU180327. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Sturminster Newton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.