The Green, Sheriff Hutton, York
- Sitting Room with Wood Burning Stove
- Formal Dining Room & Study
- Dining Kitchen & Walk-In Pantry
- 3 Bedrooms & Spacious Bathroom
- Gated Driveway & Outbuildings
- Gardens & Grounds of .74 of an Acre
A rare and exciting opportunity to buy a 3 bedroom detached period property (with origins believed to date back as far as the 18th century) standing within glorious grounds of approximately .75 of an acre and proudly positioned on the fringes of the picturesque village green. Yew Tree House is also offered with planning permission for single storey ground floor extension but undoubtedly provides the potential to expand the living space further and convert a range of outbuildings subject to the necessary consents.
The ground floor living accommodation provides a sitting room with wood burning stove, study, formal dining room and a dining kitchen (restyled in 2018) to provide generous storage, oil fired Aga, integrated appliances to include a 5 ring gas hob plus an eye-level double oven and grill complemented by a walk-in pantry off the dining room and an external utility room. The first floor landing leads off into 3 bedrooms (2 with village green views) and a spacious bathroom (restyled in 2018). Other upgrades and improvements that have been made by the current owners since 2018 include electric radiator heating, rewiring and a new pressurised hot water system.
Externally a gated driveway provides parking and access to a range of outbuildings of around 940 sq ft including garages, workshops, stores and studio, all with scope to convert into ancillary accommodation subject to planning approval. The glorious gardens and grounds of Yew Tree House enjoy a good degree of privacy, extend to approximately .75 of an acre and are mainly laid to lawn.
The property is subject to an overage provision for 30 years from 2018 should planning be granted for additional residential dwellings within the grounds.
BrochuresBrochureYew Tree House.pdfEPC
Energy Performance CertificatesEE Rating
The Green, Sheriff Hutton, York
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Malton Station8.9 miles
About the agent
Stephensons have been selling property across the county since 1871, we know our business inside out and your property could not be safer or more reputable hands. Our network of 10 offices across the region are staffed by an outstanding team of estate agents, auctioneers and chartered surveyors providing invaluable advice and delivering the results that sellers demand. Whether you are upsizing, downsizing, relocating or just wanting to sell a property
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30087087. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Stephensons, Easingwold. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.