North Church Street, Bakewell
- Beautifully presented two bedroom period cottage
- Centrally located in the popular Peak District market town of Bakewell
- Easy access to an excellent range of local amenities
- Ideal main home or holiday cottage
- No upward chain
Bagshaws Residential is delighted to offer for sale this beautifully presented two bedroom stone built cottage which retains original period features throughout, including exposed beams and a gritstone fireplace.
Bagshaws Residential is delighted to offer for sale this beautifully presented two bedroom stone built cottage which retains original period features throughout, including exposed beams and a gritstone fireplace. The property is centrally positioned in a quiet location the historic market town of Bakewell and is within easy reach of an excellent range of shops, cafes, restaurants and country inns. Bakewell is surrounded by spectacular Peak District countryside and has easy access to local walks and cycle trails. It has excellent access links through to Manchester, Chesterfield and Sheffield and has Chatsworth Country Estate close by. Internally the property briefly comprises of a rear entrance hallway, a shower room, a sitting room, a kitchen and dining room. To the first floor there are two bedrooms and a family bathroom. Under the property there are two useful stores which have power and light. Externally the property has a rear cottage garden with a generous seating area which takes advantage of the superb views. The property will appeal to purchasers searching for a main residence or holiday cottage and has the benefit of no upward chain. An internal inspection is highly recommended to appreciate the standard of accommodation available in this charming period cottage.
Rear Entrance Hallway
A wooden door opens into the rear entrance hallway. The hallway has a tiled floor and there is a wall mounted Logic central heating boiler in a cupboard.
Kitchen 7' 9" x 8' 11" ( 2.36m x 2.72m )
The kitchen features a range of wall and base units with granite work surfaces. A Belfast sink is inset into the work surface. There are exposed beams to the ceiling and a wall mounted central heating radiator. Space within the units has been created for a fridge and a slimline dishwasher. Integrated appliances include a Neff gas hob and a Neff cooker. A panelled door with a thumb nail latch opens into the dining room.
Dining Room 10' 2" at the max into alcove x 11' 11" ( 3.10m at the max into alcove x 3.63m )
The main focal point of this charming dining room is the gritstone and brick fireplace with a tiled hearth. There is a gas fire inset into the fireplace which has not been tested. The room has exposed beams to the ceiling and a sliding sash window to the rear.
Downstairs Shower Room
Located at the rear of the property is the downstairs shower room. The room has a walk in shower which has been tiled, a low flush WC, heated towel rail and a contemporary styled wash hand basin on a wash stand. There is tiling to the floor, an extractor fan and recessed spotlighting in the ceiling. A single glazed opaque window opens onto the rear elevation.
Bedroom One 12' 11" at the max x 11' 11" at the max ( 3.94m at the max x 3.63m at the max )
Bedroom one has a single glazed sash window to the front providing views towards the church, a central heating radiator and a useful built in storage cupboard.
Bedroom Two 11' 10" x 10' 3" ( 3.61m x 3.12m )
This bedroom has a single glazed sash window to the rear, built in storage cupboards and a panelled door with a thumb nail latch that opens into the bathroom.
This beautiful presented bathroom has a freestanding bath with a chrome mixer tap and a separate handheld shower head, a low flush WC and a floating contemporary styled vanity unit. The bathroom has a chrome heated towel rail, recessed spotlights to the ceiling and a single glazed sash window that opens onto the rear elevation.
To the front of the property there are stone steps that lead to the front door. Located under the steps is a useful storage area. There are two further stores located under the property in the passageway. These both have barrelled ceilings with power and light. One of these stores has plumbing for a washing machine. The passageway provides access onto the rear garden.
The beautiful cottage style rear garden features a range of mature plants and shrubs and has a good sized patio area to the rear. There is also a small stone outbuilding located in this area.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance CertificatesA document confirming the energy efficiency rating of the property.Read more about epc in our glossary page.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
North Church Street, Bakewell
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Grindleford Station6.8 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Bakewell Bagshaws Residential office…
Established in 1988, Bagshaws Residential has been serving the Midlands for 30 years so you can trust that we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose Bagshaws Residential as your estate agent…
>> Your local Bagshaws Residential team in Bakewell
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your loca
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK106351. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.