- Three Storey 17th Century Character Property
- Town Centre Location
- Renovated Throughout
- Original Beams & Timbers
- Garden/ Parking To Rear
This stunning completely refurbished Grade 2 listed town centre property is offering an exciting opportunity for any potential buyer. The property has many stunning features throughout with the property split over a self-contained commercial ground floor and versatile first and second floors.
This stunning Grade 2 listed town centre property is offering an exciting opportunity for any potential buyer. The property has many features including Dutch Style Flemish laid brick gables on the NW and SE aspects. The property is split over a self-contained commercial ground floor and a versatile space over the first and second floors with an ability to split into two units or in alternative layouts. The property has had extensive external and internal works leaving nothing for the buyer to do other than deciding the use of the rooms including accommodating an individually designed kitchen. All works were completed fully in accordance with Grade 2 planning requirements including but not limited to extensive insulation and lime based plaster and paint throughout. New wiring has been installed for electric radiators throughout the property.
Ground Floor Commercial Unit
Shop Front 28' 2" x 17' max ( 8.59m x 5.18m max )
Double Victorian shop window frontage and front door. Two windows to rear aspect, mains smoke detectors and fire exit lighting signage, wiring for electric radiators, exposed beam, LED lighting, understairs cupboard with LED motion sensor light, Fire Exit Door to Rear.
Kitchen/ Restroom 12' 10" x 8' 10" ( 3.91m x 2.69m )
Sash window to front aspect, Second Entrance Door, wooden flooring, electric consumer unit, sink and taps with electric water heater, wiring for electric radiators, LED lighting, wired fire exit signage, separate water and electric meter, DOOR TO:
WC, wash hand basin, extractor fan.
Glazed front door entrance to lobby with cupboard housing electric meters for commercial and residential units. Glazed inner door, LEADING TO:
Wooden staircase with side aspect window leading to exposed first floor pine floor boards and late 19th century banister rails. Unique 19th century wallpaper is also exposed below the banister. An airing cupboard including the pressurised hot water system.
Window to rear aspect, bath with shower over, WC, Vanity basin, extractor fan, electric shaver point, Motion Sensor for LED lighting, wired for electric radiator and a Victorian Pine door with white ceramic furniture.
Potential Kitchen 14' 5" x 11' 1" ( 4.39m x 3.38m )
Two Sash windows to front aspect, wired and plumbed ready for a kitchen to be fitted. Two electric cooker points, Victorian tiled iron fireplace, exposed pine floorboards, access hatch, wired for electric radiators, Victorian Pine door with white ceramic furniture.
Bedroom One Or Dining Room 11' 8" x 10' 2" ( 3.56m x 3.10m )
Sash window to front aspect, exposed floorboards, glazed windows to hall, Victorian Pine door with white ceramic furniture, wired for electric radiator.
Bedroom Two or Lounge 16' 9" x 16' 7" ( 5.11m x 5.05m )
Two Sash windows to front aspect, window to rear aspect, feature tiled fireplace, exposed original floorboards, exposed original beam and wall timbers, wiring for electric radiators, Victorian pine door with white ceramic furniture, LEADING TO:
Second Floor Accommodation
Original staircase with rope banister leading to second floor accommodation. Conservation roof light to maximise natural light for stairs. The entrance door to the stairs is estimated to be 17th century with original handmade Suffolk latch.
Striking Living Area /bedrooms 28' 7" x 16' 10" max ( 8.71m x 5.13m max )
This stunning open area could be used as a living room or potential space for up to three bedrooms depending on a buyers needs for the space. This magnificent open living area/ bedrooms features vaulted ceilings with exposed original beams and roof timbers, two windows to front aspect, roof window to rear aspect, two oval windows to side aspect and pine wooden flooring. There are also several wiring points for electric radiators. (The Electric lighting has been wired for separate areas so this room can easily be sub divided with no additional electrical work required.) LEADING TO:
Bedroom 14' 1" max x 17' max ( 4.29m max x 5.18m max )
Dormer window to rear aspect, exposed brickwork, exposed beams and timbers, electric radiator points, LED lights, DOOR TO:
Shower cubicle, WC, Vanity basin with storage under, LED light and movement sensor, beams, electric radiator point.
To the rear of the property there is a potential for developing this space as a secluded garden with screening trees and shrubs. Incorporating parking for 4 cars or for building a garage subject to planning.
The roof has been renovated which involved replacing new lead flashing's, insulation to the environmental and conservation standards, brand new guttering and two new conservation windows installed in order to allow more natural light into the proposed room and stairwell. Renovation of the sash windows throughout, and the replacement of the Dormer windows and rear windows, new lime render and replacement soffits and facia on the rear of the building.
The majority of ceilings and walls have been lime plastered to conservation standards in the residential unit alongside the repointing and repair of the brickwork in conjunction with the repair with the frontage render again to conservation standards.
There are new floor coverings
The electrics have been completely rewired to the current regulations and all fire safety guidelines with wired fire detection and fire exit signage throughout the building. There are extensive electric sockets in all rooms for radiators, 5 amp for lighting and general use as well as fire monitors, sirens and carbon monoxide sensors throughout. The building has been completely replumbed including a pressurised hot water system. There is mains electricity, water, drainage and gas available.
The property has permission granted for the commercial unit to be used as shops A1, Financial A2, B1a offices and D1 clinic. There is also permission for a substantial ground floor extension to the rear of the property.
Full details of the proposed rear extension are available for review.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Beccles Station0.3 miles
- Brampton Station4.3 miles
- Somerleyton Station5.2 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Bungay William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in Bungay
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your local experts
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BGY105154. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Bungay. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.