Godwyn Road, Folkestone, Kent
- Impressive detached family home on a private walled plot
- Stunning conservatory with sitting and dining areas leading to garden and patio
- Glass covered leisure complex with plunge pool, jacuzzi and sauna
- Brick outbuilding could be a perfect home office
- Double garage and large block paved gated drive
- Walking distance to the station for high speed routes to London
- EPC energy rating C (71)
Two sets of handcrafted electronic wrought iron gates lead to the double garage and block paved frontage where you can park half a dozen cars. The property exudes a warm and friendly ambience that continues once you walk into the hall with its natural stone flooring that flows into the breakfast area and kitchen with its handmade pine units, inset Aga and adjacent utility room.
The stunning ‘all- year-round' conservatory has access to the terrace and an amazing koi carp pond that continues into the garden. There is a large formal dining room and an elegant sitting room with an ornamental cast iron fireplace, the study and a cloakroom. Upstairs is a family bathroom and three double bedrooms including the main bedroom with its fitted bedroom furniture and contemporary en suite shower. On the second floor there are two double bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and a shower room.
The easy-to-maintain secluded garden includes large block paved patio areas and a pathway around the lawn and shrub borders to the double wood gates leading to the front of the property and the separate brick built building. The leisure complex includes a large gym, therapy pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, a steam room and cloakroom. There are alarm systems and fast broadband as well as solar thermal panels heating the house and gym complex plus an automatic feeder and sophisticated pond filtration system for the carp.
What the Owner says:
We have lived here for 21 years and have thoroughly enjoyed bringing up our family in this lovely house. However the family have grown up so we feel it is time to downsize. Over the years we have built the conservatory as well as the gym which has been a real delight for friends and family alike.
- Entrance Porch
- Study: 17'3 (5.26m) x 11'0 (3.36m) narrowing to 7'8 (2.34m)
- Sitting Room: 24'2 (7.37m) x 16'3 into bay (4.96m) narrowing to 13'4 (4.07m)
- Dining Room: 18'4 x 13'2 (5.59m x 4.02m)
- Breakfast Area: 12'0 maximum x 11'0 maximum (3.66m x 3.36m)
- Kitchen: 18'8 x 8'6 (5.69m x 2.59m)
- Utility Room
- Conservatory: (L-shaped) 19'8 x 13'7 (6.00m x 4.14m) plus 14'8 x 10'8 (4.47m x 3.25m)
- FIRST FLOOR
- Family Bath/Shower Room: 15'8 (4.78m) x 6'9 (2.06m) narrowing to 4'9 (1.45m)
- Main Bedroom: 25'9 (7.85m) x 10'8 (3.25m) narrowing to 6'3 (1.91m)
- En-Suite Shower Room
- Bedroom 2: 18'4 x 13'6 (5.59m x 4.12m)
- Bedroom 5: 13'5 into fitted wardrobes (4.09m) x 10'8 (3.25m) narrowing to 9'1 into fitted wardrobes (2.77m)
- SECOND FLOOR
- Bedroom 4: 13'6 (4.12m) x 12'4 (3.76m) narrowing to 11'5 (3.48m)
- Shower Room
- Bedroom 3: 16'8 (5.08m) x 14'4 (4.37m) narrowing to 11'5 (3.48m)
- Rear Garden
- Electric in/out Driveway
- Double Garage: 17'7 x 16'3 (5.36m x 4.96m)
- Gym/Spa: 36'4 x 13'5 (11.08m x 4.09m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Godwyn Road, Folkestone, Kent
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Folkestone Central Station0.5 miles
- Folkestone West Station0.5 miles
- Channel Tunnel Terminal Station1.8 miles
About the agent
Few things are more important to us than our homes, so here at Fine & Country, we believe it's a real privilege to help people make their dreams a reality. Everyone has their own story.
Whether you are buying, selling, or renting we're here to support you every step of the way. We are excited to show you all the ways we can help, so why not get in touch?
In the meantime, see what thousands of our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot. After all, they probably say it better t
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 16002055. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.