The Towers, Barnsley Road, Sandal
- Five Bedroom Victorian Detached
- Original Period Features Throughout
- Lounge, Formal Dining Room and Library
- Breakfast Kitchen with Fitted AGA
- Dressing Room and En-Suite to Master Bedroom
- Gymnasium and Sauna
- Electric Gated Driveway and Double Garage
- Sunny Positioned Gardens with Stone Patio
- Close to Schools, Amenities and Parkland
- Easy Access to Motorway and Railway Networks
Situated in the heart of the village of Sandal, this eye-catching Victorian residence is a charming and grand family home offering a high level of privacy and lots of rich character.
There is plenty to admire and much more potential still to be unlocked by the new owners.
Built in 1896 with authentic local stone from the nearby Sandal Castle, this fine property offers ultimate curb appeal. From the roadside, you’ll be intrigued by the palatial exterior, complete with multiple chimney breasts and an impressive tower with a first-floor balcony built above the entrance.
The whole plot is rich in history and grandeur, and we’re certain that you won’t want to miss the opportunity to acquire such a charismatic home.
The characterful quirks include the beautiful stained glass in the turret and the intricate stone detailing of the structure will definitely take more than the first visit to appreciate in full.
The wide, open staircase and high ceilings are perfect for hanging a showcase chandelier.
Although many of the rooms have been tastefully upgraded over the last 37 years by the current owners, the vast majority of the original fixtures remain.
Drive through the wrought-iron double gates along the cobbled drive towards the rear of the property, where you’ll find a vast open space for parking, ahead of the detached double garage. With a garden as vibrant and beautiful as this one, it’s easy to see why the current homeowners spend so much of their time relaxing here. In summer months, it’s wonderful to swing the doors open and extend out onto the large Yorkshire stone patio for al fresco dining and enjoy an element of outdoor living.
Perfectly situated on the edge of the city of Wakefield, this home is bursting with nearby attractions to explore both on foot and within a short drive. Fasten your walking boots and head to the historic medieval Sandal Castle - the scene of one of William Shakespeare’s plays - where there is plenty to explore and views overlooking the River Calder.
Continue a little further and you’ll find yourself at Pugneys Country Park which boasts 250 acres of beautiful Yorkshire outside space.
**MOBILE BROWSING - PRESS THE QUICK EMAIL LINK TO REQUEST THE UNIQUE AND BESPOKE LUXURY BROCHURE**
**DESKTOP BROWSING – PRESS BELOW LINK TO OPEN FULL PROPERTY BROCHURE**
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEnergy Perform...
The Towers, Barnsley Road, Sandal
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Sandal & Agbrigg Station0.7 miles
- Wakefield Kirkgate Station1.8 miles
- Wakefield Westgate Station2.1 miles
About the agent
We are qualified experts at selling high-value, unique and outstanding homes across Yorkshire and beyond. Both our Property Sales and Creative Teams have the experience, knowledge and skills to market your home to the most suitable buyers and provide you with the highest level of dedicated support at every stage of your home selling.
Through expert market and local knowledge, and an assessment of your property, you will be advised on your best priced sales strategy. We will talk you thr
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10565409. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Enfields Luxe, Pontefract. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.