1 Burts Lane, Long Crendon
- An outstanding period property, formerly the village bakery but recently restored and extended to a particularly high standard
- Highly sought after location tucked away behind the picturesque High Street
- Excellent connections to London Marylebone in just 37 minutes
- Fabulous kitchen with appliances, opening to open plan family and dining room
- Cloakroom and utility room
- Master bedroom with en-suite
- Well appointed family bathroom
- Private landscaped gardens
- Recently constructed garden studio
- Off street parking
Dating back in parts to the 18th century, The Old Bakery up until 1999 was a working bakery serving the village of Long Crendon and conveniently tucked away from the quintessential High Street. The current owners, faithful to the original stone built construction have restored this historic building providing very stylish accommodation, combining both traditional and contemporary living. Of particular note and certainly the hub of the house is the wonderful kitchen, opening to the dining and family room which conveniently opens directly out to the garden. The kitchen itself is fitted with stylish framed units, painted in French grey, with solid oak working surfaces. Also accessed from the kitchen is a utility room and cloakroom. Further accommodation to the ground floor includes a double aspect sitting room extending to 18' and enjoying a wood burning stove within an original fireplace. The final reception room is currently used as a bedroom but may also be considered as a family or media room.
The first floor arrangement currently has a large study area open to the landing, with a separate dressing room but again would be re-configured to provide a separate bedroom. The master bedroom suite has been extended and now offers a generous master bedroom with adjoining en-suite shower room, all beautifully fitted, as is the main family bathroom enjoying a stand alone roll top bath.
Outside, The Old Bakery has two ample parking spaces located at the front of the property with gated access opening into wonderful landscaped gardens. The garden is laid predominately to lawn with various paved terrace areas to provide the perfect position for entertaining. The garden is completely private and enclosed with a retaining wall and a detached studio has also been recently constructed under a pitched tiled roof to provide a number of uses, currently a design studio but also offering scope for an annexe.
The Old Bakery really is a gem, offering a stunning interior, many original features and a prime position within the heart of this picturesque Buckinghamshire village.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
1 Burts Lane, Long Crendon
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Haddenham & Thame Parkway Station2.2 miles
About the agent
Hamnett Hayward offers the complete professional service for high quality residential property in both Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire.
Specialising in all aspects of residential agency sales, our
independent offices promote a bespoke service across the
property spectrum combining modern techniques with
traditional values and expertise.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 8527524. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamnett Hayward, Thame. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.