Jersey Lane, Petham, Canterbury, Kent
- Spacious detached family home with its origin in the 17th Century
- 11.47 acre plot including gardens and parkland
- Charming period features including a stunning flint walled hallway
- Extended flexible reception space and accommodation
- Driveway plus separate triple garage and covered storage unit
- A short drive from Canterbury's shops and high-speed train link
- EPC energy rating F
There is a cosy sitting room with a wood burning stove and ceiling beam and a door to the fabulous dining room. It includes an impressive inglenook and wood burner, french doors to the terrace and exposed ceiling beams as well as fascinating wall beams. There are stairs to the first floor as well as a study, cloakroom and utility/boot room with a door to the kitchen garden. The modern part of the house includes a well proportioned country style kitchen/breakfast room with handmade units housing a range of appliances, an Aga, a walk-in pantry and a Welsh dresser. There is an elegant drawing room with built-in corner shelving, two ceiling beams, a brick chimney breast and log burner and French doors to the patio. Upstairs is a large family bathroom with a bath and separate shower as well as four double bedrooms with stunning rural views including the master with a wall of fitted wardrobes and an adjacent shower room with storage cupboards.
Beside the gravelled terrace is a summer house sensitively designed to blend with the house. The garden wraps around the property and includes a pagoda leading to the front drive and steps to the lawn interspersed with mature well stocked flower beds, trees and shrubs. A separate lawn leads to fruit bushes and a chicken coop and there is a vegetable garden with access to the orchard, a large gate entrance to the parkland and a separate driveway leading to a triple garage.
What the Owner says:
"We moved here 13 years ago because we loved the character of the house and the stunning location but now want to move nearer our children. It has been wonderful having the large parkland around us providing privacy, tranquility and stunning rural views. Over the years we have developed about three acres of the park as a lawned area interspersed with specimen trees leaving the remaining parkland divided into two excellent paddock areas if required. At the far end of the Parkland we have planted about 130 native trees to encourage the natural wildlife. In addition we have enjoyed access to nearby public footpaths and bridle paths for walks and rides through beautiful scenic countryside".
- Entrance Hall
- Drawing Room: 21'5 x 15'6 (6.53m x 4.73m)
- Sitting Room: 15'4 x 12'5 (4.68m x 3.79m)
- Dining Room: (L-shaped) 15'5 x 15'4 (4.70m x 4.68m) plus 8'8 x 7'3 (2.64m x 2.21m)
- Study: 11'0 x 6'2 (3.36m x 1.88m)
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 17'0 x 15'6 (5.19m x 4.73m)
- Utility Room: 11'0 x 6'6 (3.36m x 1.98m)
- SPLIT LEVEL FIRST FLOOR
- Bath/Shower Room: 10'8 x 7'8 (3.25m x 2.34m)
- Bedroom 4: 12'0 (3.66m) narrowing to 9'4 (2.85m) x 11'6 (3.51m)
- Shower Room: 14'8 x 6'2 (4.47m x 1.88m)
- Bedroom 1: 16'5 x 15'7 (5.01m x 4.75m)
- Bedroom 3: 13'0 (3.97m) x 12'6 (3.81m) narrowing to 12'0 (3.66m)
- Bedroom 2: 13'4 x 12'4 (4.07m x 3.76m)
- Wrap Around Garden
- Hard Standing: 0'9 x 0'0 (0.23m x 0.00m)
- Triple Garage Block: 32'0 x 22'9 (9.76m x 6.94m)
- Summer House: 11'9 x 9'1 maximum (3.58m x 2.77m)
- Storage Shed
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Jersey Lane, Petham, Canterbury, Kent
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chartham Station2.3 miles
- Canterbury East Station3.0 miles
- Chilham Station3.5 miles
About the agent
Few things are more important to us than our homes, so here at Fine & Country, we believe it's a real privilege to help people make their dreams a reality. Everyone has their own story.
Whether you are buying, selling, or renting we're here to support you every step of the way. We are excited to show you all the ways we can help, so why not get in touch?
In the meantime, see what thousands of our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot. After all, they probably say it better t
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 16002076. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.