- One of the largest single units on the development
- Direct access onto the grounds and a terrace to the side
- Light and airy accommodation with high ceilings to the ground and first floors with a cosier feeling to the lower ground floor
- Flexible accommodation with lots of living/work space
- Two allocated parking spaces and plenty of visitors' parking nearby
- In the same ownership since its conversion in 1995 and offered with no onward chain
- Scope to update and put your own stamp upon this prime property.
An impressive communal hallway (shared with 3 other properties) leads to a private entrance hall with an original stone staircase running to both the lower ground floor and the first floor. To the right is an impressive sitting room with a feature window to the front enjoying views over the cricket ground, golf club and the Woods beyond and french doors onto a terrace and the communal grounds including the original ornamental fish pond (we've been told this is an ideal spot for a gin and tonic on a summers evening!) The ceiling height is 3.5m (11'4) in this room. To the left of the hall is a study or third bedroom with a view of the grounds and fish pond, wash hand basin and built-in double wardrobe.On the lower ground floor there is a generous kitchen diner of the same dimensions as the sitting room above and with a double aspect. The original kitchen from the conversion is still in use and includes a gas hob and electric oven with plumbing for a dishwasher. This is a fantastic space with huge potential. Off the dining area are two smaller interconnecting rooms with barrel vaulted ceilings: One has been used as a gym and the other as a wine cellar/workshop. To the rear of the kitchen is a games room (also with a barrel vaulted ceiling) with pool table that would make a great home cinema with a cloakroom and a utility room beyond.On the first floor (via the original staircase with cast iron and wood bannister) with a window overlooking the grounds and fish pond a generous landing opens into a huge walk-in airing cupboard. Off the landing is a principal bedroom with double aspect and enjoying a dressing area and en suite shower room, a further double bedroom with built-in double wardrobe and a family bathroom.All windows are double glazed. Gas fired central heating and hot water via a newly installed Vaillant boiler (with 10 year guarantee) in the utility room.
Two allocated parking spaces and ample further parking for visitors. There are park-like communal grounds extending to some 2 acres. As the access to the property is from the south side of the building there is a much greater feeling of connection to the grounds.
Situated within a Grade II listed former hospital now forming a new village on the outskirts of Wells. To the south of the site there is a tennis court and cricket pitch with Wells Golf Course beyond. Wells is the smallest city in England and offers a vibrant high street with a variety of independent shops and restaurants as well as a twice weekly market and a choice of supermarkets including Waitrose. Amenities include a leisure centre, independent cinema and a theatre. Bristol and Bath lie c.22 miles to the north and north-east respectively with mainline train stations to London at Castle Cary (c.11 miles) as well as Bristol and Bath. Bristol International Airport is c.15 miles to the north-west. Of particular note is the variety of well-regarded schools in both the state and private sectors in Wells and the surrounding area.
From Wells proceed out of the town along the Bath Road. Turn right at the signpost for East Horrrington/Wells Golf Course. Take the next left into Gilbert Scott Road, follow the road up the hill and bear left where Gilbert Scott House can be found on the right hand side.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Castle Cary Station8.9 miles
About the agent
The company was founded in 1991 and rebranded as Holland and Odam in 2017. We are now the leading independent estate agency in mid Somerset and offer a comprehensive property service including sales, lettings and financial services.
We have always been committed to providing our customers with high-quality, independent advice based on outstanding local knowledge, commitment and professional expertise.
You'll find that our business is built on traditional values of loyalty and hone
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 9940832. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by holland & odam, Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.