Wreath Lane, Chard
- Detached semi-rural 3 bedroom bungalow
- Smallholding/equine property
- Tranquil location with restful views
- Opportunity to re-develop/extend STPP
- Single garage, ample parking & timber stable
- Set in 3.78 acres (1.53 ha) of gardens & level pastureland
Drift View is located on a private no through lane in an elevated position in this pretty corner of South Somerset. Although surrounded by countryside, including the nearby Chard Reservoir Nature Reserve and the Drift offering excellent outriding or walking, the property is just 1.5 miles from the small market town of Chard. There are a good range of everyday facilities with a choice of major supermarkets and smaller retailers, whilst Crewkerne is 6 miles away with the benefit of a Waitrose supermarket and mainline rail link to London Waterloo. To the south lies the World Heritage Jurassic Coast with traditional coastal towns such as Lyme Regis with its renowned Cobb Harbour. The county town of Taunton, some 16 miles to the north, provides an excellent range of commercial, educational and recreational facilities as well as a rail link to London Paddington and easy access to the M5 motorway.
Drift View is a detached 3 bedroom bungalow with rendered brick elevations under a slate roof. Built in the late 1940's the property has retained period features such parquet floors and an open fireplace in the sitting room, whilst having modern comforts such as Upvc windows throughout. The property does offer further opportunities for modernisation or extension (STPP). Drift View is well-proportioned with light airy rooms, many of which feature restful rural views over the gardens and paddock. There is a spacious open plan kitchen/dining room and the three bedrooms open off the internal hall way. This unusual property offers potential as a smallholding, equine property or a semi-rural retreat.
See Floorplan for accommodation and measurements.
The level gardens are well fenced and mainly laid to lawn, with a timber shed and a timber summer house in the rear garden. There is a timber stable for one horse in the rear corner of the garden close to a gate leading into the field. Adjacent to the bungalow is a single garage, to the side of the garden is a large area of hardstanding which provides ample parking as well as access into the field. The excellent mainly level pasture field is well fenced. In all 3.78 acres (1.53 ha).
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Wreath Lane, Chard
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Crewkerne Station6.5 miles
About the agent
To be the most respected firm in the region. Symonds & Sampson are a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors being specialist Estate Agents and Letting Agents with an in-depth knowledge of the regional property market.
Professionalism is the bedrock of the firm and we presently have 49 qualified staff who are either Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, ARLA or NAEA.
Our spread of 10 offices throughout Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset and Devon toge
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference AXA200065. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Axminster. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.