Little Hormead, Buntingford
- Reception hall, Three reception rooms, Kitchen/breakfast room, Conservatory, Utility room, Cellar, Master bedroom suite with dressing room and en-suite bathroom, Guest suite with en-suite (truncated)
- Heated swimming pool, Hard tennis court (in need of repair), Garaging and Stables
- Self-contained studio cottage | Mature gardens and grounds | Paddock
- About 4.12 acres
- A further 4.81 acres available by separate negotiation
Of particular note is the Drawing Room, centred on an attractive open fireplace with views over the mature gardens to the rear of the house and double doors opening through to the Sitting Room/Cinema Room. The kitchen has been extended over the years and now provides comfortable dining and sitting areas as well as an oil fired Aga. The bedroom accommodation is comfortably arranged over two floors with the principal suite extending across the whole of the first floor incorporating a newly installed bathroom.
The gardens and grounds provide a mature and tranquil setting for the house, laid mostly to lawn, studded with a selection of mature trees. There is a swimming pool and an all-weather tennis court both in need of repair.
Situated across the lane is a level, paddock of approximately 0.75 acre
Little Hormead is a popular East Hertfordshire village approximately 3 miles from Buntingford, where there is a school, shops and other facilities. The A10 trunk road is approximately 2 miles from the village and provides road links with Hertford, Ware, the M25 and London. There is a local village school in Great Hormead and further local shops and school in Braughing, approximately 3 miles to the south. The market towns of Bishop’s Stortford and Hertford offer more comprehensive amenities including mainline stations to London’s Liverpool Street (approximately 30 minutes). On the outskirts of Bishop’s Stortford access may be gained to the M11 motorway (J8) linking with London, the M25, Cambridge and the Midlands.
There is an excellent selection of both primary and secondary schools in the district including Heathmount, St Edmunds, Bishops Stortford College, The Purse, The Leys and Haileybury College
Little Hormead, Buntingford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Stansted Mountfitchet Station7.3 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference LON200092. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, National Country House Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.