- Exclusive retirement property for the over 55s
- Ground floor apartment
- Two double bedrooms
- Large, double aspect, sitting/dining room
- Walking distance to village
- Landscaped grounds
Herringcote has a quiet charm which is perfectly complemented by the quaint character of Dorchester itself, a vibrant community beneath the charming exterior. A collection of two-bedroom cottages and apartments line a lovely courtyard garden, thoughtfully landscaped with trees and herbaceous borders and a traditional brick built dovecote. A walk of just a few minutes takes you into the heart of the village with its wonderful tearooms, shops and amenities.
The famous Norman abbey, at the confluence of the Thames and the Thame, remains at the heart of the village and is the focus for much of the busy calendar of cultural and social events which include the Dorchester on Thames festival, a celebration of music, art and culture; the flower show and the increasingly popular scarecrow trail. The historic high street is largely unchanged, and a popular choice of filming location. There are lovely walks along the Thames Path, and the meadow alongside the Thame has been purchased in perpetuity for the village – an unspoilt idyll.
Cognatum Estates maintains, repairs and insures all the buildings, arranges the window cleaning and refuse collection and tends to the gardens and grounds thereby freeing owners and residents from these responsibilities. There is a personal alarm system in each property and the estate managers are available to provide support and a helping hand when needed. The cost of providing these services is shared equally between all properties. There are no restrictions on owning a property except that one resident must be over 55 years of age.
999 year lease (from 1984). No ground rent.
For viewings please contact the Estate Manager
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEnergy Perform...
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Culham Station3.2 miles
- Appleford Station3.4 miles
- Didcot Parkway Station4.2 miles
About the agent
We maintain an enquiry list for those wishing to buy and can put them quickly in touch with owners selling their property on any one of our sixty developments spread across twenty-one counties.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 9680178. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cognatum Property Limited, Wallingford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.