Gatcombe, Flax Bourton
- Stunning 19th Century Converted Mill
- Grade II Listed
- Located in Beautiful c1 Acre Grounds
- Accommodation Set Over Three Floors
- Five Double Bedrooms
- Three Reception Rooms
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room
- Utility Room, Family Bathroom & En-Suite
- Unique Secluded Combe Position
- Possible acquisition of adjoining paddock in separate negotiations
An incredibly rare opportunity to acquire a truly unique 19th Century Grade II listed converted mill located in a completely private position yet only a handful of miles away from central Bristol. The mill has incredible history with a range of different uses including snuff, corn and flour over the hundred years of use. The current vendors have been in situ around thirty years and have converted the mill very sympathetically and kept all its working machinery throughout the three floors of accommodation. With all the working parts of the mill still intact Gatcombe Mill really is a one off and has to be seen to be believed.
Gatcombe Mill is accessed from a sweeping drive past the beautiful gardens leading to a gravel courtyard which offers parking for multiple vehicles. The living accommodation is set over three floors, the ground floor offers entrance hallway, fitted kitchen / breakfast room access to the front gardens, extended reception room with log burner and utility room...
The village of Flax Bourton is situated some five miles to the south west of the city of Bristol, proving an extremely convenient position for the commuter. Flax Bourton offers an active village community with a village hall, public house, church and well-tended cricket pitch and is extremely popular with families. Schooling is provided at the Flax Bourton Church of England Primary School which has recently received an outstanding rating from Ofsted, whilst the village is firmly in the catchment for the well-renowned Backwell Secondary School. There are a number of independent schools available locally including the Downs Preparatory School in nearby Wraxall and Fairfield School in Backwell. Within Bristol itself there are a number of highly regarded independent schools including Clifton College, Bristol Grammar and QEH. A number of recreational facilities are close at hand for those that enjoy walking, cycling or riding with miles of bridleways, public footpaths and acres of...
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Gatcombe, Flax Bourton
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Nailsea & Backwell Station2.7 miles
- Parson Street Station3.6 miles
- Shirehampton Station3.8 miles
About the agent
Alexander May is a local independent Estate Agent providing a well-respected estate agency service from its branches in Clifton, Southville and Long Ashton
Clifton Branch: Clifton, Leigh Woods, Clifton Wood, Hotwells, Abbots Leigh, Harbourside, City Centre, Cotham, Redland, Stoke Bishop, Sneyd Park, Westbury Park, Westbury on Trym, Henleaze, Kingsdown
Southville Branch: Southville, Bedminster, Bedminster Down, Ashton, Totterdown, Windmill Hill, Victoria Park,
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10481875. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Alexander May, Long Ashton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.