Farm Lane, Lower Withington
- 1800's detached country cottage sympathetically refurbished and extended
- Beautiful cottage gardens with gated pony paddock with private Southerly aspect; about half an acre
- Bespoke hand built breakfast kitchen with island, appliances and AGA
- Four separate reception rooms perfect for family occupation
- Four generous bedrooms, and three smart bathrooms (two en-suite)
- Conveniently rural surroundings yet within easy reach of nearby towns and schools
Understood to have been originally constructed during the 1800's, Farmgate Cottage is situated in some of Cheshire's finest countryside yet the nearby Towns of Knutsford, Alderley Edge and Holmes Chapel remain easily accessible.
Approached over a gravelled "in and out" driveway there is plenty of parking and a garage. Ornamental Cheshire brick walls and hedging partly screen the cottage and extend behind forming part of the beautiful formal gardens and grounds. Stone terraces flank the rear of the property which have an enviable private and Southerly aspect. In addition there is a small pony paddock with gated access; in all about half an acre.
The accommodation retains great character with the old and new build integrating perfectly. Of particular mention is the hand built custom breakfast kitchen with matching island, appliances and AGA. Usefully there is a snug and utility room off along with a large family/games room. There is a dining room and a sitting room to the rear with a log burning stove overlooking the gardens along with a study fitted with matching furniture to that of the kitchen. Four generous bedrooms are serviced by three bathrooms; two are en-suite.
Energy Performance Certificatesepc
Farm Lane, Lower Withington
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Goostrey Station1.3 miles
- Chelford Station2.9 miles
- Holmes Chapel Station3.1 miles
About the agent
When it comes to selling or letting your home, you want to know that you are working with the right team, people who have intimate knowledge of the local area and a strong track record of achieving sales and lettings, combined with a professional service that meets all of your requirements.
It’s why our clients come back to us time and again and why we are one of the area’s leading estate agents.
The Knutsford office is run by Andrew Rogers, a co-owner with over twenty five years’
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 738764. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Gascoigne Halman, Knutsford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.