Pricketts Hatch, Nether Lane, Nutley, East Sussex, TN22
- Ref: KNB
- Substantial Country Residence dating back to the 14th century.
- 14 Acres - Equestrian with stables and barns.
- 11,320 sq.ft - Main House plus two separate properties.
- Ashdown Forest location.
- Indoor Swimming Pool.
The property consists of a main house and two further dwellings, ‘West Lodge’ & ‘The Oast House’.
Parts of the main house are known to date back to the 1400’s, its proof of origin is still evident by its surviving wattle and daub walls, ancient timbers and original fireplaces.
The property was extended in the 1900’s and the cow milking sheds and some of the stables were also converted to provide further residential accommodation.
The main residence comprises seven bedrooms, six bathrooms, kitchen, sauna and a large indoor swimming pool complex plus two attached garages, totalling some 6847 sq. ft.
‘West House’ is a single storey self-contained property of some 2967 sq. ft, which adjoins the main house and provides three/four bedrooms, four bathrooms, three/four reception rooms, a large open plan 26’ Kitchen dining room with living room adjoining, boasting full height bi-fold doors with outstanding views over the gardens and forest beyond, the spacious reception hall also provides access to a delightful balcony overhanging the natural carp pond.
‘The Oast House’ was originally a stable block and was converted in the 1900’s into a charming self-contained detached dwelling providing extra accommodation for relatives, for staff or simply as a holiday cottage for up to eight guests. The accommodation of 1493 sq. ft comprises four bedrooms, five bath/shower rooms, an oak Kitchen/breakfast room and a superb open plan living area with fireplace, oak vaulted ceilings and double doors out on to a private terrace.
Outside, Pricketts Hatch is accessed via ‘Nether Lane’ through wrought iron gates and down two gravel driveways, with garaging and parking facilities for the largest of parties, the estate provides well for both family and sporting life, with its formal lawns and extensive terracing it lends itself to recreation and alfresco entertainment for all ages. Its fourteen acres of gardens & fields are bordered with chestnut post and rail fencing, neighbouring the forest & other agricultural land, making it Ideally suited for the equestrian and country pursuits enthusiast.
Nutley is a small and friendly village within the Ashdown Forest, residence enjoy a good selection of restaurants, pubs, sports & social clubs, schooling is well catered for with a fine selection of private and state schools within a three mile radius, including Cumnor House and Danehill primary. Ashdown Forest itself provides social and sporting activities, whilst Golf Clubs, Racecourses, Leisure & Health Clubs are all to be found within easy reach. The major towns of East Grinstead, Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield & Lewes all provide retail therapy and good rail links to London.
Estate floor area at Pricketts Hatch:
The measurements below include internal storage areas, built in & fitted wardrobes/cupboards, lofts and basement, garage, utilities areas, pump room etc and I have also included all outbuildings:
• Main House, (loft not included) - 6847 sq. ft*
• The Oast House - 1505 sq. ft*
• The West Lodge - 2967 sq. ft*
Subtotal for Houses: 11,320 sq. ft*
• Barns, stables and outbuildings - 3400 sq. ft*
Total for Houses & all buildings: 14,700 sq. ft*
* All figures/measurements provided under the heading ‘Estate floor area at Pricketts Hatch’ are approximate, meaning that every care has been taken to provide accurate figures, but actual measurements may differ marginally.*
Agent Ref: KNB
Pricketts Hatch, Nether Lane, Nutley, East Sussex, TN22
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Buxted Station4.1 miles
- Uckfield Station4.3 miles
About the agent
Nicholas Burger Estates, Powered by Keller Williams, covering Elmbridge
Dakota Building, De Havilland Drive, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0YP
With over 40 years’ in the property industry, I started ‘Nicholas Burger Estates’ with one goal in mind, to provide my clients with the quality of service that I would want from an estate agent, one with sufficient knowledge and experience with whom I can trust to offer me the best advice at all times, one who takes a personal interest in my property needs, who takes the time to regularly contact me with new marketing updates and one who doesn’t just wait for the phone to ring, an agent who I
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference KWK200002. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nicholas Burger Estates, Powered by Keller Williams, covering Elmbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.