The Strand, Winchelsea
- On the edge of historic Winchelsea town
- Grade II Listed house with 7 bedrooms
- Attached Holiday Let with 2 bedrooms
- Separate Cottage with 2 bedrooms
- Parking and gardens
- Beautiful countryside views
Fine Grade II Listed period house with attached Holiday Let cottage, and Rye Bay Cottage, a converted Coach House forming a separate Guest Cottage, enjoying far-reaching views across National Trust land, situated on the edge of the ancient town of Winchelsea.
Strand House has also been run as a popular Bed & Breakfast and Holiday Let venture.
STRAND HOUSE is a fascinating Grade II Listed period house, the elevations being brick and stone, part tile hung, with one elevation being colour-washed with exposed timber studding beneath a tiled roof. There is exposed timbering to the interior and gas-fired central heating.
The property has, in the past, been run as a Bed & Breakfast and now has consent for residential use. Together with the attached Holiday Let accommodation (planning reference RR/2020/1254/P), now forms an interesting home with income potential.
The main features are:
• Front door to reception hall with beamed ceiling and cloakroom with basin and WC.
• The attractive living room is double aspect with an inglenook fireplace with inset grate and canopy, together with sliding doors to the terrace and garden.
• The dining room also has an inglenook fireplace with woodburner.
• The kitchen is double aspect.
• On the first floor there are four double bedrooms with en suite facilities, and a family bathroom.
• On the second floor there are three further bedrooms, two of which have en suite facilities.
ATTACHED HOLIDAY LET COTTAGE
This forms an excellent, self-contained unit comprising dining hall, living room, shower room, inner hall, laundry room, kitchen (to be fitted). First floor: two bedrooms, both with en suite shower rooms.
There is pea beach drive approach shared with one other property, with parking for a number of vehicles.
The garden forms a delightful feature with areas of lawn, mixed flower beds, a selection of trees and shrubs, terraced garden with meandering pathways leading up to Ferry Hill and Winchelsea town. One of the original town wells is sited within the garden.
RYE BAY COTTAGE is a charming converted Coach House, forming a separate guest cottage to Strand House. The elevations are brick beneath a pitch tiled roof.
The main features are:
• Front door to entrance hall with two storage cupboards one housing the gas-fired boiler and hot water cylinder; and staircase to the first floor.
• There are two ground floor bedrooms, one of which has an en suite bathroom with panel-enclosed bath having taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC and heated towel rail. Glazed sliding doors lead to an outside seating area with views over farmland.
• The second bedroom also has its own glazed sliding doors to an external seating area, and an en suite shower room with shower cubicle, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail
• A staircase leads to the first floor landing with a door giving access to the reception room, which is double aspect, has a vaulted ceiling and a glazed door giving access to the balcony from where beautiful views are enjoyed.
• The kitchen has a stainless steel sink with drainer to the side, work surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, recess and plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher. There is a four-ring electric hob with double oven below and extractor fan above.
The garden is enclosed by a post and rail fence, laid to lawn and interspersed with birch trees. There is a gravelled seating area with outside lighting and lavender beds, from where beautiful views across farmland can be enjoyed.
Parking for two vehicles.
The Strand, Winchelsea
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Winchelsea Station0.8 miles
- Rye Station2.0 miles
- Doleham Station4.5 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT210018. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Battle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.