Hogmoor House, Maidenhatch, Pangbourne, Berkshire
- Property has undergone a total refit & modernisation programme
- 5 bedrooms; 4 in the main house, 1 in the annexe
- Kitchen/breakfast room with living area
- Fine oak joinery throughout
- Overlooking farmland
- In an area of outstanding natural beauty
(all distances are approximate)
2,559 sq ft / 238 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
An imposing and unusually spacious 5 bedroom individual detached country house, having just completed a luxury, total refit and modernisation programme to exacting standards, with private road access.
Overlooking farmland within an area of outstanding natural beauty, with lots of footpaths in the vicinity. The accommodation includes a ground floor, 1 bedroom self-contained annexe, with separate planning consent.
* Total refit includes;
* New central heating radiators, re-wiring throughout
* Luxury fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room with living area
* New flooring
* New bathrooms
* New private water system and sewage treatment plant
* Kitchen/breakfast room with living area extensive range of high and low level cupboard and drawer units, large pantry unit, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, Stoves cooking range with double oven, warming drawer and grill, 5 ring ceramic induction hob and extractor over, polished quartz working surfaces, with 1 ½ bowl under mounted stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, central island has room for stools to be used as a breakfast bar, and lots of drawers,
* Fine oak joinery throughout including doors to reception rooms and bedrooms
* Open fireplace to sitting room
* Principal bedroom suite with dressing room and shower room
* Large family bathroom with bath and shower
* Golden oak planked flooring throughout the reception hall and kitchen/breakfast room
* Staircase to first floor with oak balustrade and galleried landing
* Plenty of parking
* Primary double glazing
* High level of insulation
* Garden fencing and driveway
* Pressurised hot water system with Megaflo and pressure indirect cylinder also an immersion heater
* Self-contained 3 room annexe
Summary of accommodation
Main house; large reception hall, cloakroom, large kitchen/breakfast room with living area, dining room, sitting room, 4 bedrooms to include principal bedroom with ensuite bathroom and dressing room, family bathroom, large landing,
Ground floor annexe; bedroom, bathroom, fully fitted kitchen, sitting room, large entrance hall
Note. An adjacent freehold 4 bedroom Victorian detached cottage, could be purchased by separate negotiation.
Local Facilities: There are delightful walks from the property by way of footpaths and bridleways. Horse riding stables and livery stables a short drive away at Buckhold and Upper Basildon. There is a first class fitness and tennis centre at Bradfield College which is open to membership with a fine indoor swimming pool, gym, squash courts, indoor and outdoor tennis courts. There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area – Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few. Large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury`s within easy driving distance. Pangbourne and Theale have train stations offering fast commuter links to London.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area – Pangbourne College is nearby, Bradfield College is within easy access, as is St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Boys School, Cranford House, Downe House and The Oratory.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant Hotel. Turn right into Pangbourne Hill, and proceed up this road, turning second left into Bere Court Road. Continue until you reach a crossroads. Cross straight over into Dark Lane. A short distance along on the left-hand side turn left at the sign for Maidenhatch Stud Farm and Maidenhatch Farm, etc. Proceed down this drive, and Hogmoor House will be found on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 8HP
Services: Electricity, private water supply, private drainage system.
Gigaclear superfast broadband connection available.
Note 1. Responsibility for maintenance of the private water and private drainage system shared with the adjacent cottage; The Pump House 60%/40%
Note 2. Right of way access for the Pump House
EPC Rating: TBC
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
Hogmoor House, Maidenhatch, Pangbourne, Berkshire
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Pangbourne Station2.2 miles
- Theale Station2.4 miles
- Tilehurst Station3.8 miles
About the agent
- One of Berkshire’s and Oxfordshire’s leading and most respected agents specialising in the sale and rental of period, modern, newbuild, land, river and equestrian properties.
- 40 years in the country and river market.
- Experienced staff with expert local knowledge.
- Auctioneers and Probate Valuers.
- A family owned and run business with integrity.
- Offices in London and Berkshire with an affiliated network of 350 offices.
- Dudley and Kath
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 894_DUDS. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.