Corntown, Vale Of Glamorgan, CF35 5BB
- A handsome Grade II listed family home
- With planning permission for a 3,000sqft five bedroom detached house within the grounds
- Lounge and dining room, both with wood burning stoves
- Study, kitchen and breakfast room and large family room
- Six bedrooms, two of which are en suite
- Triple garage and ample off road parking
- Very large surrounding gardens within its own garden plot
- Within walking distance of Ewenny Village shop & The Golden Mile public house
SITUATION The village of Corntown is a popular residential area on the fringe of the Vale of Glamorgan, being approximately one mile from the A48 trunk road which provides convenient access for commuting to the City of Cardiff (some 17 miles) or the town of Bridgend (some 4 miles) or via junctions 35 and 37 of the M4 motorway for commuting to other major commercial centres in the region. The adjoining village of Ewenny includes a church and local post office. Cardiff Wales Airport is within a twenty minute drive. There is a main line railway station at Bridgend providing direct access to Cardiff and London. Corntown is in the catchment area for the well regarded Cowbridge Comprehensive School.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * An extremely handsome, Grade II listed family home - a 'Treasure of the Vale' - within this much sought after west Vale village
* With generous and wonderfully proportioned accommodation and set within a large garden plot
* Finished in an elegant understated style throughout
* Stone porch opens into dining hall with wood burner on a raised hearth set within a deep fireplace
* Lounge, like the dining room, enjoys a southerly aspect looking over front garden. With 'Clearview 750' woodburning stove. * Stunning kitchen open to pitch of roof with a comprehensive range of units with solid marble surfaces. Integrated appliances to remain; so, too, a 4-oven gas fired AGA within its own, bespoke reclaimed stone recess with original bread oven still visible
* Adjacent library with double doors opening to west facing landscaped garden
* Superb family room with ample seating and home cinema system and full size snooker table (to remain). Lovely vista looking over a flagstone patio onto garden beyond; two sets of French doors open onto this terrace.
* First floor landing area with doors to all bedrooms and to bathroom
* Very generous master bedroom with wonderful views over garden
* Dressing room off master bedroom connecting into a contemporary en suite shower room
* Second, guest bedroom with 'Jack and Jill' en suite shower room
* All bedrooms are good double rooms
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Corntown Court is set within a lovely sheltered plot, screened from the village lane by mature conifers
* Large south facing front garden with entrance porch leading in to the property
* West facing formal gardens to one side accessed from, and overlooked by, the study
* Considerably larger garden to the rear mainly laid to lawn and including a sizeable flagstone-paved terrace adjoining the family room and games room
* Forecourt parking area to the rear of the property
* Stone built triple garage (approx. max 10.6m x 6.9m) with three electric 'up and over' doors; power and water connect to the garage.
* Adjoining the garage block are a two garden stores (approx. 4.4m x 3m and 3m x 2m)
BUILDING PLOT Planning permission has been granted (Vale Council Ref 2018/00998/FUL) to build a 3,000sqft five bedroom detached property within the curtilage of Corntown Court. This plot is included in the sale.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired central h
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office, join the A48 and travel in a Westerly direction heading towards Bridgend. After about 5 miles and at the bottom of the steep hill, take the left hand turn off signposted for Ewenny and Corntown. Continue along this road, passing the cricket ground and the entrance to the sports field and take the next right turning into The Court. Follow this cul de sac to its end, to find the driveway leading to Corntown Court.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Brochures(2018) 6-Page Bro...
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Front PageEPC 2
Corntown, Vale Of Glamorgan, CF35 5BB
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Bridgend Station1.7 miles
- Wildmill Station2.6 miles
- Pencoed Station3.6 miles
About the agent
Established in 1857, Watts & Morgan is one of the Oldest Firms of Chartered Surveyors, Auctioneers, Valuers and Estate Agents in South Wales.
With a vast amount of local knowledge we can offer extensive services on virtually every aspect of property related matters within the Residential, Commercial and Agricultural Property Markets.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, let or bid for your dream property our friendly, professional staff will be pleased to help.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100565027293. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan, Cowbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.