River Farm, Norton Disney, Lincoln, LN6
- Nearby Bassingham is a sought after village offering a good range of local amenities including a Spar shop, Post Office, two public houses, doctors' surgery, hairdressers, community (truncated)
- The market town of Newark is approximately 7.8 miles away which has a rail link to London (Kings Cross from 80 minutes).
- The Historical Cathedral City of Lincoln is approximately 14 miles away offering a wide range of shops, restaurants, two universities and schooling for all ages.
- River Farm is a charming three bedroom Grade II listed farmhouse with a one bedroom self-contained annexe, both of which enjoy open countryside views.
- The stunning 18’ kitchen breakfast room has a vaulted ceiling, a superb Krantz kitchen with integrated appliances including a wine cooler and quooka hot tap and floor to ceiling windows (truncated)
- Outside there is a lawn and kitchen garden with greenhouse and a larger landscaped garden with lawned area with bedded borders and a paved barbeque, a gym/summer house and a workshop/garden store.
- The self contained annexe enjoys a fitted kitchen, double aspect reception room with double doors to garden, shower room and bedroom with en suite WC.
- Both the roofs of the annexe and the workshop have solar panels which benefit from an annual feed in tariff and battery storage.
River Farm is a charming three bedroom Grade II listed farmhouse with a one bedroom self-contained annexe, both of which enjoy open countryside views. River Farm benefits from triple glazing throughout and a superb Krantz kitchen creating modern living in a period property.
In more detail the accommodation comprises; entrance porch, dining room with exposed beams and fireplace complete with a log burner, a kitchen and a family room. The front hall and stairwell has a door leading to the double aspect living room which enjoys an exposed brick fireplace with a log burner. The stunning 18’ kitchen breakfast room has a vaulted ceiling, a good range of fitted wall and base units with integrated appliances including an oven, hob, extractor, fridge, dishwasher, wine cooler, quooka hot tap and a central island with a breakfast bar. There are also floor to ceiling windows and double doors opening on to the garden. Also off the kitchen is a generous utility room with two doors to the garden and a WC.
The first floor has three bedrooms all of which have en suites (two shower rooms and one bathroom).
Outside the property has a gravel driveway with parking for several vehicles between the annexe and the house. There is a lawn and a kitchen garden with a greenhouse,. To the rear of the house is a larger landscaped garden with a lawned area with bedded borders and a paved barbeque area in front of the gym/office. The gym/office has bifold doors so that it can double as a summer house and behind it is a substantial workshop/garden store.
Finally the annexe and enjoys a fitted kitchen, double aspect reception room with double doors to garden, shower room and bedroom with en suite WC. This has been successfully let via AirBNB. Both the roofs of the annexe and the workshop have solar panels which benefit from an annual feed in tariff and battery storage.
Annexe EPC rating D
Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Oil fuelled central heating.
Local Authority North Kesteven
Tax Band E / Annexe A
Viewings Strictly by appointment with Savills
Norton Disney is a pretty rural village. Nearby Bassingham is a sought after village offering a good range of local amenities including a Spar shop, Post Office, two public houses, doctors' surgery, hairdressers, community centre and a highly regarded primary school.
In addition, approximately four mils away lies the village of Collingham, a vibrant and sought after village with a full range of amenities including an Ofsted ‘good' rated primary school, Post Office, shop, medical centre, veterinary surgery, two pubs, tennis club, cricket club and a railway station.
Norton Disney is well situated for access to both Lincoln and Newark which have additional facilities including a choice of shops, leisure facilities, well respected schools, hospitals and direct rail links to London Kings Cross (Lincoln 120 minutes – Newark 80 minutes). Lincoln also benefits from two universities and the historic Cathedral and Bailgate area.
Square Footage: 2,241 sq ft
Travelling south on the A46 take the second exit after the Bentley Hotel roundabout signposted Thorpe on the Hill and Haddington. Continue in a southerly direction towards Bassingham through the village of Thurlby. Between Thurlby and Bassingham is a sharp left hand bend at which point carry straight across signposted Norton Disney. Continue along this road with open fields either side, look out for the farm track to River Farm on the right.
Energy Performance CertificatesAnnexe Epc Rating
River Farm, Norton Disney, Lincoln, LN6
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Collingham Station4.0 miles
- Swinderby Station3.4 miles
- Newark North Gate Station6.8 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference LIT160167. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Lincoln. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.