Park Avenue, St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- Panoramic sea views
- Large double garage plus 2 further parking spaces
- Edwardian House
- 3 self-contained units used for holiday letting each with private terrace
- Good investment potential
- Planning Permission to extend increasing the number of letting units to 4
- Large paved wrap-around terrace with views over St Ives Harbour & Bay Summerhouse with power, water & WC
- EPC Rating = D
The property is a large Edwardian 3 storey end of terrace home which has been converted by the current owners into 4 separate units; their own home and 3 separate self-contained holiday lets. There is also planning permission to build a 3 storey extension to the side of the house to replace one of the units and to create a 3-bedroom maisonette above.
Harbours Reach – Is the current owners’ accommodation configured over two floors with two bedrooms. The front door opens into a hallway with access to the living room to the right and stairs leading to the first floor straight ahead. The ground floor is open plan with stunning views from the box bay window over St Ives to the harbour and bay. The kitchen/dining area has two separate ovens, a large 5 ring gas hob, integrated dishwasher & microwave and space for a large American Style Fridge Freezer. Off the kitchen is a separate utility room and walk in larder. The back door leads out onto the side terrace with a laundry room being situated to the left.
At the top of the stairs is a WC and the two bedrooms with the principal ensuite bedroom being to the front with stunning sea views along with a small balcony with space for a small table and chairs. The second bedroom has views over the rear of the property, built in wardrobes and shower. Note there is also access to the Studio Apartment Harbours Rest, as such, this could be incorporated into the main house if required.
Harbours Rest – Studio Apartment. Private entrance from the rear terrace this has a large King size zip link bed, ensuite shower room, wall mounted TV, fridge, microwave, toaster & kettle. Allocated private terrace
Atlantic View - is a 1-bedroom ground floor apartment with private entrance off the side terrace with an ensuite shower room in the bedroom and an open plan living area with kitchenette with sea views from the living room. There is currently a sofa bed in the living room so Atlantic Watch can sleep 4 if required. Allocated private terrace
Lighthouse Watch – is a two-bedroom 2nd floor apartment with private entrance upstairs from the rear terrace. On entering the apartment there is a dual aspect bedroom to the left with the family bathroom next door. The main bedroom has an ensuite shower room and the living area with kitchenette has great views from the vaulted dormer window over St Ives to the harbour and out to sea. Allocated private terrace
The house is built on a hillside and is a level above Park Avenue. At street level there is a large double garage (6mx12m) built under the terrace and two further parking spaces. The property is accessed by flight of steps to a large wraparound paved terrace of multiple levels. The area at the front is very spacious and affords fabulous views over St Ives, the Harbour and the Bay. The current owners have arranged it so that each of the apartments have their allocated space as well as a further private terrace. To the rear or the property by the back door is a laundry room with shower & toilet and up a further set of steps is a Summerhouse (with power, water & WC) with an enclosed private garden area.
Mains Water (Metered) & Drainage
Gas Central Heating & Electric Radiators in the apartments
BT Fibre Broadband (Multiple Halo Hubs)
Strictly by prior appointment with Savills.
Atlantic View and Light house Watch come fully furnished ready to let with the sellers website.
Fixtures & Fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others such as curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments, etc. are specifically excluded but may be available by separate negotiation.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Cornwall’s unique character comes from its historic landscape and some 400 miles of spectacular coastline. This unique property occupies a magnificent setting on the harbour side with direct access to the beach
Home to the landmark Tate St Ives Gallery (built in 1993) and the famous Barbara Hepworth Museum, St Ives is bordered by three beautiful sandy beaches which are repeatedly voted among the best in the British Isles, one particularly for surfing. Set against the colourful backdrop
of the working fishing harbour, the turquoise waters of St. Ives have attracted artists since the 19th century due to its renowned clarity of light. The town, with winding cobbled streets, is also a ‘foodie’ destination packed with numerous restaurants, pubs and cafes all offering excellent fare including the award-winning Porthminster Beach Café.
At nearby Lelant, overlooking the Hayle Estuary there is a spectacular links golf course with views stretching up towards Godrevy Lighthouse. A scenic branch railway line links Carbis Bay and St. Ives with the main London-Penzance line at nearby St. Erth.
Square Footage: 2,497 sq ft
From Carbis Bay follow the A3074 down into St Ives, passing the Train Station on your right. At the bottom of the hill turn left and continue up the hill turning left at the first roundabout. This is a one-way street. No 18 is the first house on the right after the carpark.
From Halsetown follow the B3306 down into St Ives passing the Fire Station on your right, continue on down the hill towards over the roundabout towards the centre and at the next roundabout take the right hand turn leading in to Park Avenue.
Harbour & Beaches & St Ives train station 10-minute walk
Truro 26 miles - Penzance 11 miles – Porthleven 17 miles - Newquay Airport 36.5 miles
(all distances are approximate and in miles)
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Park Avenue, St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- St. Ives Station0.2 miles
- Carbis Bay Station1.2 miles
- Lelant Station2.7 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TRS210011. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Truro. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.